KilledbythecapK

Fukushima Aff

I was doing some research on the Fukushima power plan explosion and I think it would be basically the topic. The plan would basically be this: http://www.forbes.com/sites/williampentland/2013/08/07/tepco-erecting-first-of-its-kind-water-shielding-wall-to-stanch-radioactive-spill-into-sea/

Considering that this radiation is killiong/destroying the animals in the pacific such as makeral, cod, and even killer whales. This aff could solve these impacts. 

Good idea? Bad idea? 

• Upvote 1

I'm running it along side space elevators. I've coupled it with the 60s navy radiation dumping, that's also a good point to run with it. I'd look into it.

Edited by DHGCARBON

Good idea.  It'd be hard to find Japan says yes cards (not because they wouldn't, probably just cause there isn't much lit on the subject) and U.S. key cards.  Though i'd probably have U.S.-Japan relats as an adv, which would instantly be a D.A. to any CP

Good idea, but be ready for T hacks trying to define the "ocean" as only the bodies of water off the coast a certain amount of miles, especially for an aff like that which will be closer to Japan's shoreline.

Also, your "Japan will say yes" cards will be relatively old compared to some generic "Japan = isolationist lol" card.

Good idea, but be ready for T hacks trying to define the "ocean" as only the bodies of water off the coast a certain amount of miles, especially for an aff like that which will be closer to Japan's shoreline.

Also, your "Japan will say yes" cards will be relatively old compared to some generic "Japan = isolationist lol" card.

I don't think even T hacks, it just seems blatantly untopical

Also that card is from august of last year, seems like there is no inherency.  From the article, it looks like TEPCO is moving towards creating the barrier anyways.