EmbraceTheK

Zizek and Baudrillard K

I was wondering if there is currently a K that combines the ideas of both Baudrillard and Zizek since they speak of hyperreality and fantasy respectively. Pretty much what I want the K to be is that we can't solve anything because of the whole hyperreality bs AND that we are trapped in a fantasy of sorts.

Are you looking to trade for one or if this just exists. If it's either, I have one and this does exist kinda.

Edited by glg1995

hyperreality which comes from an intellectual background of Situationalism AND "fantasy" which comes from an intellectual background of neo-freudian psychoanalysis(Lacan) are very different concepts FYI.

• Upvote 3

yeah this doesn't really exist in a coherent sense- the only way that it might is that they both share the theory of inherent transgression but their reasoning for why it's true is totally different (zizek says split in the superego compels desire to transgress and obey the law simultaneously, while baudrillard uses his theories of power to explain it) so just stick with one or the other and zizek is a lot better than baudrillard for that stuff

• Upvote 1