Hannahkiin

Possible fun counterplans for oceans?

You should have the counter plan tell the USFG to make an armed nautilus vessel to defend AND explore the oceans.

I thought the resolution said that it was NON-MILITARY oceanic exploration. I'm pretty sure that when it comes to defense, it's considered to be military...

I thought the resolution said that it was NON-MILITARY oceanic exploration. I'm pretty sure that when it comes to defense, it's considered to be military...

CPs don't have to be topical though....

• Upvote 3

Well played...

What do you mean "well played"? I didn't really do anything. That's just how CPs work lol...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What do you mean "well played"? I didn't really do anything. That's just how CPs work lol...

I don't know... :P I posted the comment before I realized CP's aren't meant to be topical.

I don't know... :P I posted the comment before I realized CP's aren't meant to be topical.

Just wondering, are you a novice? Cause if so, hello fellow novice :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sealand conditions CP. USFG only passes the plan with the unconditional affirmation/acceptance of the sovereignty of the Principality of Sealand. I cut a load of SOI expansion bad stuff for this. (England originally did not cover the naval base that is Sealand in their SOI. Then they expanded it to.) I have an embarrassing fascination with the little pseudo-country.

• Upvote 1

Thinking about it a Percy Jackson CP  could be possible ? 

CP text : Get Zeus thunderbolt 

Net benefit : World Security , and what else.... 

Solvency:Thunderbolts of Zeus ends all conflicts with striking down are eniemenes , so then lol no more world war's we just use a thunderbolt - strike down world leaders

Edited by JaredCroitoru

Just wondering, are you a novice? Cause if so, hello fellow novice :)

By a technicality, yes. I'll be a Varsity debater next year, though. Oh, and hi! :)

Sealand conditions CP. USFG only passes the plan with the unconditional affirmation/acceptance of the sovereignty of the Principality of Sealand. I cut a load of SOI expansion bad stuff for this. (England originally did not cover the naval base that is Sealand in their SOI. Then they expanded it to.) I have an embarrassing fascination with the little pseudo-country.

Thanks for getting Hetalia stuck in my thoughts again... Don't ask...

But yes, that would be a legitimate CP. In fact, it does give me an idea for an argument. It's a negative argument, but I don't know for sure whether or not it could work. Should we carry on with this resolution to do non-military exploration of oceans and happen to find resources, others might want these resources and establish a country/separate state near these areas similar to what Sealand did, except for resources instead, causing more competition between countries for these resources. This could cause major conflict, possibly resulting in military action and eventually nuclear war. How does that sound? Is it good?

Edited by PantherPryde

By a technicality, yes. I'll be a Varsity debater next year, though. Oh, and hi! :)

Same :). Are you going to Wake in the fall?