bamboozleTHEmonarch

2ac coercion help

i'm writing a 2ac to the statism/coercion K

what are the best 2ac answers? both arguments and cards would be much appreciated

if you are bored and just want to post garbage, put it someplace else

What's your aff?

Is it Coercion, or is it state bad? (State should stop coercing us so much and not waste our tax dollars on stuff, or the whole idea of the state is bad and we should tear it down)

Util

Util

Util is Trutil

• Upvote 1

Read an intro to philosophy college textbook on deontology and you can write part of your frontline based on that. 

Otherwise, you might check the backfiles from the social service topic perhaps.....coersion would have been even bigger then I would think.

See also answers to libertarianism and objectivism

Also you might want to look into how "free trade" is also a pro-libertarian thing that helps the right to property.  This helps if you remove immediate barriers to trade.  

In a world of systems theory.....looking only to process is a DA to this framework in terms of net gains in the goals its striving for.

I would also suggest this theory doesn't assume a world of globalization very well.

Is the link pretty much taxation or????

Edited by nathan_debate

thanks for the block MCat! thumbs up

util trutil, i don't know. which is run on the circuit? sounds like the second would have been an 'anarchy' assignment? maybe both as different versions? and its an oceans aff which is weird because i thought coercion was about violence and freedom (maybe fish violence?)...

Why generic government good???  This would only seem to answer certain versions of the K......a very limited version?

Its not criticizing all instances of government only certain instances.  It favors a minimalist state.

• Upvote 1

I would think "democratic institutions check" would be another pretty solid answer, I had that run a lot on me when I ran it as a novice, but that may just be because I wasn't enough of a libertarian to know how to answer that argument well...