KTricksfordays

Oceans Ks

How well is Introna going to work on this topic? 

Oh, so you view Introna as a tool to be used, as a mere standing reserve to be disposed of as you wish?

/sarcasm

It depends on whether you think that affs will have some kind of technology as a tool. I would think yes, but that's not necessarily true.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

How well is Introna going to work on this topic? 

well

theres some arguments to be made about how the affirmative's exploration/development (nonmilitary of course) just views the ocean for its utility to us

Edited by bluedude97

1. It assumes nature is currently an object

2. It assumes we, as humans, are overlords who have the ability to just give subjectivity to anything we want.

3. It assumes humans and nature are ontologically independent, which I would argue.

Been reading some of Bryant? Looks a lot like the first 15 pages of Democracy of Objects

A dog is a subject, a chair is not. Theres a difference between ecocentrism and OOO.

I sorta only read the first 3 words of your post, so I can now see there's a huge difference between what you're saying and what Bryant outlines in Democracy of Objects; I wouldn't go as far as to correlate everything Bryant writes/says under OOO because that's highly essentialist/reductionist, but i mean its not really speculative realism either, he even says so himself in the Democracy of Objects; in any case, Bryant forever. 

On the side-note, everything is an object, nothing is a subject; the subject-object relationship and its creation of representations only arose as a result of Capitalism and its desire to deterritorialize and subsequently reterritorialize our epistemology and ontology to favor that of the capitalists, that is to say, Capitalism needed to destroy the epistemological foundations of monarchies & conceive new ideas of individual "self-determination" to be applicable in all areas of epistemology & ontology in order to produce and support the new form of governing that favored capitalism: democracy. (Bryant 12 & DnG 68)

Edited by IrunASPECandiloveit
  • Upvote 1

Is there some way Ableism could be integrated into this topic? Either as a K aff or just a standard Kritik (Barring language and state links)

Is there some way Ableism could be integrated into this topic? Either as a K aff or just a standard Kritik (Barring language and state links)

Ermm....scuba diving disfavors the disabled?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Do you want Ableism to be integrated into the topic?

Possible a real killer perfomance Neolib aff /counterpefromance of the Song Ocean , by Jay Z .  Just go on and on about how the Ocean is a big metaphor where those who benfit from the Neoliberal mindset go enjoy life , with their yachts and other things for the higher class

• Upvote 1

Possible a real killer perfomance Neolib aff /counterpefromance of the Song Ocean , by Jay Z .  Just go on and on about how the Ocean is a big metaphor where those who benfit from the Neoliberal mindset go enjoy life , with their yachts and other things for the higher class

The team that responds with a counter-performance of "I'm On A Boat" by Lonely Island wins this round instantly if I'm judging.

• Upvote 8

I've got my answer to Deleuzian pirates and nomadic thinking positions... here's a hint, its a veggietales song.

• Upvote 4

That would link so hard to every "hip hop is commodified" turn ever.

• Upvote 2

That would link so hard to every "hip hop is commodified" turn ever.

which is a dumb turn...

• Upvote 3

For Ocean Kritiks I am running a K that kritiks the way the view policy making I don't know what the K would be called, but it's fun to run. I am also running DnG on cases that try to use technology to solve for environmentally problems(most of the evidence comes from the three ecologies by Guattari. I will also be running introna in some cases as well. My favorite K to run this year however will most likely be my Nietzsche K(links to extinction/ or war impacts) this year should be a fun 1-off year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For Ocean Kritiks I am running a K that kritiks the way the view policy making I don't know what the K would be called, but it's fun to run. I am also running DnG on cases that try to use technology to solve for environmentally problems(most of the evidence comes from the three ecologies by Guattari. I will also be running introna in some cases as well. My favorite K to run this year however will most likely be my Nietzsche K(links to extinction/ or war impacts) this year should be a fun 1-off year.

Baudrillard!?!?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So basically any one of hundreds of kritiks? 

• Upvote 4