Any of you ever been to the Hoosier Debate Camp?  If so was it worth it and how's the coaching? Trying to find myself an inexpensive 2 or 3 week any time this summer.  also if any of you have been to either wyoming or MSDI feel free to tell me about them. Just trying to find a good 2 or 3 week deal

Any of you ever been to the Hoosier Debate Camp?  If so was it worth it and how's the coaching? Trying to find myself an inexpensive 2 or 3 week any time this summer.  also if any of you have been to either wyoming or MSDI feel free to tell me about them. Just trying to find a good 2 or 3 week deal

Friend was working there last year, and I know some people who went. In general, if you're looking for a cheap camp to go to, I've only heard good things about IU.

I would highly recommend the camp, I've worked with their director Brian DeLong as a lab leader and briefly as a teammate.  Especially if you might be interested in IU it is a no brainer.  I think the only reason this camp doesn't have more 'rep' yet is that the program is relatively young, but the people in charge know what they are doing and have run successful labs in other camps for a long time before starting this one.

I would highly recommend the camp, I've worked with their director Brian DeLong as a lab leader and briefly as a teammate.  Especially if you might be interested in IU it is a no brainer.  I think the only reason this camp doesn't have more 'rep' yet is that the program is relatively young, but the people in charge know what they are doing and have run successful labs in other camps for a long time before starting this one.

Thanks! Considering you're with Kent, do you know of anything in colorado during the summer as well?

There is the Wyoming Debate Institute which has always been good.  I think the three week option at SDI at Michigan state has always had good value and drawn some Colorado kids.  Gonzaga also is very cheap and has a range of programs, and a lot of the really good western teams go there.  For driving distance the options are probably Wyoming, UNT (12 hours), Kansas (8 hours), UMKC (9 hours).