georgebushsdogpaintings

Atlantis

Ah same here. I've always wanted to do something about exo-pedagogies. The deep sea is super creepy so Atlantis seems pretty feasible. Hopefully my team will be able to run it effectively in my absence. 

I swear to god somebody better do an SCP Foundation Aff. 

Please do it

PLEASE! 

• Upvote 1

Get ready for my X-Com: TFTD DA

Edit: sigh, just about everyone else on this forum is probably too young...

Edited by Squirrelloid
  • Upvote 1

I like the idea - Atlantis-utopia as a metaphor for an ideological K sounds pretty cool. One interesting avenue is some sort of Rapture (Bioshock metaphor for Objectivism/libertarianism... advantage of anarcho-zionism or something), but I'm sure there is literature elsewhere that talks about Atlantis as a metaphorical paradise for communists or something.

If you want to run it more policy-oriented, you might want to look into seasteading. The practical side (solvency advocates) of this sort of aff could be found at the Seasteading Institute (or w/e it's called)... they'll also probably have advantage ground for either a libertarian adv or some sort of competing governments advantage (like, escape from biopolitics). Overall, I think utopian affs will be awesome on this topic, so I'm pretty jealous of whoever gets to run the Rapture aff.

• Upvote 2

http://b-c-ing-u.com/?p=1140

THIS IS IMPORTANT

Here somewhere is the origins of the Atlantis myth, and Cuba holds the key to its re-discovery, and one day we will have all the answers. Whether the stone structures discovered by ADC in the Yucatan Channel do turn out to be remnants of lost Atlantis remains to be seen. All we can hope is that the full extent of the finds is researched and documented, allowing people to make up their own minds on whether the greatest enigma of the ancient world has finally been solved.

Edited by georgebushsdogpaintings
  • Upvote 2

I'm a fan of  the new Enemy Unknown, and I found this funny..,

I'd run Stargate Atlantis based "T" as a throwaway argument, though.

anyone got lit on the whole "its not about finding atlantis, its about finding yourself" argument. its seems pretty cool

So maybe I missed something, but can someone explain what exactly an Atlantis argument would be?

I believe (not entirely sure) that what the Atlantis aff is saying is that we must keep looking for Atlantis, because it gives humans hope and something to believe in i.e. the journey not the destination. I would assume as the affirmative you would admit(or at least could admit) that Atlantis will never be found. Another advantage could be the discoveries we make on the path to finding Atlantis.

Trying to cut cards on this. Any of you guys have ideas on what to run alongside an atlantis "hope" aff. Basically what kind of things I would need, advantages, etc.

Thanks. :)

Edited by adchavez4

Sorry to reincarnate this thread, but I was wondering if anybody had any literature about hope being good that they could point me towards. Thanks 

Sorry to reincarnate this thread, but I was wondering if anybody had any literature about hope being good that they could point me towards. Thanks 

DnG 3rd party lit, Robinson 13 card, from "A Revolution we can all dance to." I don't remember if it's the first or the second part of the interview, sorry.

Edit: although if you want hope good in the context of Atlantis, then that won't help you sorry.

Edited by SnarkosaurusRex

http://b-c-ing-u.com/?p=1140

THIS IS IMPORTANT

Here somewhere is the origins of the Atlantis myth, and Cuba holds the key to its re-discovery, and one day we will have all the answers. Whether the stone structures discovered by ADC in the Yucatan Channel do turn out to be remnants of lost Atlantis remains to be seen. All we can hope is that the full extent of the finds is researched and documented, allowing people to make up their own minds on whether the greatest enigma of the ancient world has finally been solved.

http://www.apparentlyapparel.com/news/giant-sphinx-discovered-among-bermuda-triangle-pyramids

According to journalist Luis Mariano Fernandez the city was first discovered decades ago, but all access to her was arrested during and after the Missile Crisis. “The U.S. government discovered the alleged place during the Missile Crisis Cuba in the sixties, nuclear submarines cruising structures found (in the deep sea) with a pyramid in the Gulf. Immediately shut down the site and took control of it and objects, so that will not reach the hands of the Russians. “

http://www.apparentlyapparel.com/news/giant-sphinx-discovered-among-bermuda-triangle-pyramids

According to journalist Luis Mariano Fernandez the city was first discovered decades ago, but all access to her was arrested during and after the Missile Crisis. “[/size]The U.S. government discovered the alleged place during the Missile Crisis Cuba in the sixties, nuclear submarines cruising structures found (in the deep sea) with a pyramid in the Gulf. Immediately shut down the site and took control of it and objects, so that will not reach the hands of the Russians. “[/size]

Please tell me your kidding.

Your brink would be 2040 and the timeline would be 26 years (;