Theparanoiacmachine

DnG in your Circuit

So my circuit doesn't like to use those "hard to understand" kritiks and are very lazy with cutting their own evidence, so they stick to all the Open Evidence evidence and that's as far as they go towards their creativity. So i was curious if any of you have run into a DnG-Centered K or DnG-centered Aff on your circuit or in other places?

In my piece of shit circuit, we have one team that ran a really bad cap K aff with a DnG card about embracing Rhizomatics. They broke it in front of us at finals and we picked up on a 3-0 on FW and a moving target violation. 

• Upvote 3

I have run homecut DnG Ks and Affs and have gone against a few DnG Ks. Do you have a question about them or...?

• Upvote 1

I have run homecut DnG Ks and Affs and have gone against a few DnG Ks. Do you have a question about them or...?

Well I'm making/have some homecut DnG Ks and i was wondering if anybody else had used them in this topic just to be sure that my "links" are really links, because I don't want to experience the "Two Ships" passing by each other scenario.

If you PM me your cites we can talk about it, or if you are comfortable you can post them here.

I appreciate the help but one of my teammates convinced me to run them for next years topic because most of my "stronger" links are for ocean-related topics. Still, thanks for the help!

Honestly I would not be worried about the specificity of the link cards... arguments like DnG are multifaceted and apply to nearly everything. If you can create a link story about the aff, that is way more important than having a specific card about Latin America. DnG write in such a way that the text can be appropriated to any context, because the content is focused on forms of organization rather than any explicit prescriptive scenario. I think you should be equally able to run this K on this topic, and in fact running it this topic might make you better suited to make link analysis next year.

I appreciate the help but one of my teammates convinced me to run them for next years topic because most of my "stronger" links are for ocean-related topics. Still, thanks for the help!

I have run into too many other people running DnG, but I run various flavors of DnG on the neg and am running a magical realism DnG aff based off of Gabriel Garcia Marquez's stories.  I don't really think that I can say that DnG is good or bad on this topic because there are so many different ways to run it and there are so many things that Deleuze says (no one cares about Guattari, honestly).  In general I think that it is a strong argument; I think the optimal DnG K (Aff) is probably one with parts of DnG supporting a topic specific K.

I have run into too many other people running DnG, but I run various flavors of DnG on the neg and am running a magical realism DnG aff based off of Gabriel Garcia Marquez's stories.  I don't really think that I can say that DnG is good or bad on this topic because there are so many different ways to run it and there are so many things that Deleuze says (no one cares about Guattari, honestly).  In general I think that it is a strong argument; I think the optimal DnG K (Aff) is probably one with parts of DnG supporting a topic specific K.

how did you incorporate marquez's magical realism short stories? that sounds pretty interesting

Funny thing about Guattari, when I tried looking him up to see if he has a page on the that Standford thing I only got Deleuze back.

Going into college I'll probably be running DnG (this will depend on what school I go to and who I get partnered with though). I have a dng borders case up in a v debate right now actually.