cdolt

Good Disadvantages to read.

The Sustainability DA vs. Guestworkers/Visas/etc... is pretty decent.  (Its on openev in one of the case neg files).  The 1NC shell is only a single page.

A PTX scenario involving Iran is probably very strong.  If you aren't in the Chicago area, i've got one I'm *giving* away (because I keep expecting the uniqueness to die, but it keeps on going - just checked, good as of today).  Its link story is single-senator specific.  (How's that for amazing?)  The impact is the most realistic global nuclear war story there is and possibly ever has been since the collapse of the USSR.  Send me a PM with your location and its yours.

Venezuela and Cuba DAs which talk about how their respective dictators gain politically at home from rebuffing US overtures are pretty decent (Cuba) to amazing (Venezuela).

There's good environmental positions against a lot of cases too, although i favor reading much of that *on-case*, just because the specifics change so much.  I think I got most of that from openev, but I've recut cards, chopped up shells, and created horrible chimeras in my quest for the best evidence, so I don't know where to point you.

Edited by Squirrelloid
  • Upvote 3

Its link story is single-senator specific.  (How's that for amazing?)  The impact is the most realistic global nuclear war story there is and possibly ever has been since the collapse of the USSR.  Send me a PM with your location and its yours.

Menendez?

The Sustainability DA vs. Guestworkers/Visas/etc... is pretty decent.  (Its on openev in one of the case neg files).  The 1NC shell is only a single page.

As someone who formerly ran guest workers, the entire case can be easily beaten (except maybe a relations adv.) by the Plumer 13 card in the Northwestern camp file.  2 minutes on that on the 2nr and the risk of any DA linking will probably o/w.

Also run slavery against it, or Cap.  It's literally importing Mexicans to work on our fields.  So much cap

I'm open for trading if your not in my area, atm I have home cut - Nieto capital DA, Cuba-North Korea DA, decent Cuban human rights DA, cuba terrorism, Cuba stole us property, awesome impact for republican judges/lay), with Venezuela I run CP's or just say no/justification since Maduro recently stole US oil rigs... thanks Maduro. That's just the homecut disads I made recently, if you're interested in specific help pm me.

So wait, have people finally figured out what the good disads on the topic are? When did this happen?

• Upvote 1

Menendez is the sponsor, he's not a useful Senator for the DA, we already know how he's voting!

Link evidence for Menendez is awesome though - so much evidence about how we politically backlashes against Obama whenever he "appeases" Latin America, Cuba in particular. He was a great link scenario for immigration and I thought about using him for Iran again, but like you say, the UQ just isn't there.

Have you tried the Obama DA? That's tested and always works. Very good disad for any aff, and the impacts are sepctacular.

What's the Obama DA? I've never heard of it.