braininthavat

Aff discourse Ks

The aff can make plenty of discourse arguments, including, but not limited to, language Ks. 

The important question you have to answer is 'why does that win you the round? What is your theory of debate?'  If you can answer that for whatever your discourse is, you have a viable aff.  (If you can answer it well, you may even have a winning aff).

The aff can make plenty of discourse arguments, including, but not limited to, language Ks. 

The important question you have to answer is 'why does that win you the round? What is your theory of debate?'  If you can answer that for whatever your discourse is, you have a viable aff.  (If you can answer it well, you may even have a winning aff).

Awesome. Just needed to make sure neg can't just shout topicality if I advocate the disuse of words in the res.

Awesome. Just needed to make sure neg can't just shout topicality if I advocate the disuse of words in the res.

Well, they can shout "topicality", but your defense doesn't have to be "nuh-uh, we're actually topical".  Once you step into the grimdark world of "screw the resolution", you have to defend not defending the resolution.

Edit: I don't know how kosher that is in LD.  It flies in policy, at least with some judges.

Edited by Squirrelloid

That's not what Squirreloid said :) Of course Neg can run topicality! You just have to beat it!

But they can... 

Make sure that in the 1AC you have evidence that indicate why having what you are critiquing in the rez/debate space is bad and how we should engage in the debate space. Basically, have preemptive "topicality" answers in the 1AC that is not "contention '_' is preempts" but rather you impacts indicate that.

If you're kritiking the discourse rez that gives you good counter standards on topicality. The only standard that works against you is switch side debate, because people should already be prepared to debate these kritiks of the rez when they are aff, so all "predictability" arguments go out the window. At the point where you win switch side good for education, k affs of the resolution can easily win a t/framework debate. I would suggest a counter interpretation that the affirmative's job is to determine an action in the direction of the resolution.