TheBigDA

Kritik defense help

Alright guys, so UIL districts is coming up soon and I'm pretty strong in affirmative but have about 45 seconds left I can fill in my 1AC. 
I HATE kritiks, and I want to discourage the neg running them against me. So my plan is to write a framework contention in to my case to at least make it difficult for them. Problem being, I don't know how to set that part of a case up (placement in case, ev, or lingo).

So what do you say guys, can you give me a hand?

I have generic 2AC blocks for a ton of kritiks, probably any K you would hear at UIL (although I'm not sure K's will look like there). PM me for trade.

Edited by glg1995

If a team WANTS to run a k, they're gonna do it anyways

^THIS. Seriously, you won't discourage any K teams from going 1-off against you by reading a pre-empt. if you do decide to read ev for the K debate early, i suggest that you make an argument that defends your method (roleplaying, policy simulation, State good/inevitable)

While I agree with most of the above, I don't think that should be taken for absolute truth. What could be even MORE advantageous for you is to read a framework contention and then make a sandbagging claim, ie that the neg needs to make a framework argument in the 1NC or else they concede your framework, because new framework articulations in the 2NC are sandbagging and a theoretical violation, which means you essentially force K teams to read FW evidence in the 1NC which sucks up their constructive time to your advantage (because your answers should be blocked out and not need too many more cards), or they fuck it up and read the K and you can get the judge to default to your interp or pull the trigger on the theoretical violation (sandbagging can be a pretty strong, offensive theory arg if you learn it well), or they realize it's not worth it to run the K at all.

Besides that, I think substance and defenses of the state are always good. Do you defend heg or warming advantages? And what are the most common Ks on your circuit?

Edited by Ganondorf901

If you run a warming aff, there is some very good literature on why the state, capitalism, and/or collective action is necessary to solve warming, and also why warming results in a bunch of kritikal impacts.   That's the kind of lit I'd recommend putting in your 1ac, along with a defense of positivism/science

1. any team that wants to run a k isn't going to be offput by your f/w -- and if they're a good k team they'll turn it against you

2. feldsy's post is basically what i would tell you

3. i hope you're 3A and i hit you so i can give you a reason to hate Ks

• Upvote 4

question mark

• Upvote 3

on the real tho, when i hit policy teams that are scared of K's and read exclusionary fw out of the 1ac, i turn the hell out of their fw...its definitely not an effective time skew for the neg. if anything it time skews the aff pretty severely. it will only help you against bad teams...and that is a losing strategy. dont bank on bad teams

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

question mark

3a is a qualification in texas for school size. UIL separates texas schools into sizes 1A-5A based on the amount of kids going to a school. my HS is 3A so I compete against other 3A schools in my region in UIL competitions

this means at state i will be competing in the 3A division

Edited by georgebushsdogpaintings
  • Upvote 1

If you want to pre-empt Ks, do it in a substantive way. The affirmative almost never wins on K framework unless it is dropped or under-covered. Pre-empt stuff you can easily extend in the 2AC to save you time. Here are some good K pre-empts if you want to go that way:

Death Bad

Util Good/Isaac 2

Realism Inevitable (if it's a K of IR)

No Prior Questions

Value to Life Inevitable

Edit: Death is probably bad if you're aff...

Edited by ktg9616
  • Upvote 2

If you want to pre-empt Ks, do it in a substantive way. The affirmative almost never wins on K framework unless it is dropped or under-covered. Pre-empt stuff you can easily extend in the 2AC to save you time. Here are some good K pre-empts if you want to go that way:

Death Good

Util Good/Isaac 2

No Prior Questions

Value to Life Inevitable

Discourse/Reps don't influence reality as well

• Upvote 1

Death Good

Util Good/Isaac 2

No Prior Questions

Value to Life Inevitable

Yep, definitely gotta include that in those Anti-K preempts ;) 

• Upvote 2

1. any team that wants to run a k isn't going to be offput by your f/w -- and if they're a good k team they'll turn it against you

2. feldsy's post is basically what i would tell you

I believe he is in 2A and if he hits me going aff I will gladly introduce him to a K for you 

Yep, definitely gotta include that in those Anti-K preempts ;)

Shoot :/ 

I meant "Death is Bad" or "Debate about death risks is good".