ribeeesh

Best camp for a rising senior?

I will be a rising senior this summer and want to go to the best camp possible. The cost doesn't matter and I'm down for a 7 week program. Right now I'm looking at Hoya spartan scholars as my top choice, but I went to northwestern last year and might want to attend their 6 week seniors program. Any advice on which would be better for me? (And my partner has already decided on definitely attending northwestern 6 week. He is also a rising senior and we've never gone to camp without each other, but we don't debate together at the camp tournament)

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Officer Tom--want to explain why you neg repped a post about a woman looking for advice about how to improve and continue her participation in the activity (especially considering the fact that debate, especially at the college level, has a severe lack of diversity in terms of sex/gender)?

• Upvote 8

I will be a rising senior this summer and want to go to the best camp possible. The cost doesn't matter and I'm down for a 7 week program. Right now I'm looking at Hoya spartan scholars as my top choice, but I went to northwestern last year and might want to attend their 6 week seniors program. Any advice on which would be better for me? (And my partner has already decided on definitely attending northwestern 6 week. He is also a rising senior and we've never gone to camp without each other, but we don't debate together at the camp tournament)

Go to HSS. Different camps bring in different ideas (not just ev, but lectures, people, etc.), and that's especially important your senior year.

We're on the same circuit haha. I hit NFA at the Bobcat Classic, but I don't think it was you. We lost on a 2-1 it was a fun round.

Officer Tom--want to explain why you neg repped a post about a woman looking for advice about how to improve and continue her participation in the activity (especially considering the fact that debate, especially at the college level, has a severe lack of diversity in terms of sex/gender)?

Combination of the term "Rising Senior" and going to the same camp but not debating with your partner.

• Upvote 2

One of the seniors on my team is going to Hoya Spartan but I also know seniors that are going to Umich 7 week. Umich is supposed to have a fantastic 7 week program. Also as far as cost goes, Umich ends up being more economical than Hoya Spartan.