Alright, I know a few debaters who have absolutely horrible conduct in C-X. Namely, their entire strategy is to say "next question" at every single question that isn't, "What did you say last speech?" Now, I'd understand if a team only says "Next question" every once in a while, but that's not what I'm talking about. They just instantly say, "Next question," without giving a second thought.

It's absolutely infuriating when I run into teams that do this. It's really rude, and I don't exactly know how to respond to this. Do I debate as normal? Or do I bring up their question-dodging later on in the debate? And if so, how should it be run? As a Kritik or as a Framework?

• Upvote 1

Alright, I know a few debaters who have absolutely horrible conduct in C-X. Namely, their entire strategy is to say "next question" at every single question that isn't, "What did you say last speech?" Now, I'd understand if a team only says "Next question" every once in a while, but that's not what I'm talking about. They just instantly say, "Next question," without giving a second thought.

It's absolutely infuriating when I run into teams that do this. It's really rude, and I don't exactly know how to respond to this. Do I debate as normal? Or do I bring up their question-dodging later on in the debate? And if so, how should it be run? As a Kritik or as a Framework?

What the fuck? Thats absolutely a dick move and utterly disrespectful.

I'd go hardcore vagueness. Ask them questions such as agency, money, how they get it etc. and then run some disads based on that. Then as soon as they link out, go straight vaguness.  

EDIT: Excuse the profanity. 

Edited by TamaleTosser

What questions do you need them to answer?

"How does the CP solve the econ advantage" "Next question"

...You can point out how they can't explain CP solvency when you get to that flow

"How much does the plan cost" "Next question"

...Run spending or T-Substantially

I wouldn't make it any sort of theoretical objection. Just try to brush it off. Judges will be against them too, and you'll look good for being mature about it.

If they say "Next question" then you say "Can you please answer my question", what do they do? I don't see how they can do this without totally alienating the judge and getting 25 speaks

• Upvote 1

People do this? At least the only BS stuff in CX that happens where I'm from is people being questioned not knowing when to shut up. 

i...am thankful that i have never experienced this. i would not be ok with that. Im not suggesting this, but the way i debate, id have voters on that in a second. 

in my opinion, i dont see how this is any less abusive than clipping cards in a speech. In my book, that is a call for rejection.

Edited by agl125
  • Upvote 1