TheBigDA

Negative help needed!

I feel that if this was grammatically correct, I still wouldn't understand the argument being made.

I think I've actually heard this argument before, in a Framework argument. I think he's trying to say that a Kritik cannot escape the traps that it accuses the affirmative of.

I see what you are saying now. But this is a hasty generalization of all k's. Loaded words and power tagging are used in Da's as well...but certainly not all of them.

-a simple, non-leftist, center criticism such as a moderately run imperialism or neolib or such does not feature assumed evidence. and as far as loaded words go, ill give you that many K debaters like to sprinkle in their jargon. However, while im not going to defend obsessive use of unnecessary jargon...you gotta remember that this is debate...there is a reason that no one likes lay judges. its because 25% of what we say is made up jargon specific to the game of policy debate

True.

its just that being coached by a UIL judge, I just dislike ks. I don't mean to hate on people who run them, I just wish it wasn't the only thing I've hit this season.

True.

its just that being coached by a UIL judge, I just dislike ks. I don't mean to hate on people who run them, I just wish it wasn't the only thing I've hit this season.

I would love nothing but K debates. It's much easier to give a 2AR on a K than it is on a case specific DA/case strat or a specific CP/DA strat. K debaters use specific link analysis to win, but that doesn't replace the fact that most of the evidence itself is a little generic.

• Upvote 1

True.

Fair enough. i can respect that.

(shakes hands)

well%2Bplayed%2Bsir%2Bwell%2Bplayed%2Bin

You do realize that all k's are just "waaaaa" arguments dressed up in high-class vocabulary right?

Not really, no.

Yes really, you claim that the aff is abusive because they have the upper hand. 

They ALL contradict eachother and take away from the framer's intent. While they do make more sense than crit. affs, they are the next worse thing.

Disads contradict eachother too, same as counterplans.

K's directly contradict themselves as they use the very things they claim the aff uses unfairly. How does a DA contradict themselves?

As much as you try to argue them better than DA's with big impacts, they have NO real world applications.

Policy style arguments don't have much more real-world application.

Thats the point of policy debate. Real world application. Its the foundation of debate and what separates us from LD. 

They are just most generic brand of abuse argument you make as the negative. 

How are they abusive?  If the affirmative's epistemology is flawed, why is it abusive for the neg to point that out?

The arguments themselves is an abuse argument, I never claimed that the argument was abusive.

LD is structured to have real world application - just in a different way. LD is meant to test the viability of the resolution being a general principle - something that guides decision making in life all the time. 

What. The. Fuck. Most birds can't eat rice it swells in their stomach and kills them, that alone ducks up advantage 1.

y u do dis

it goes well with the alternative on the complexity k -- embrace chaos instead of order & refuse to engage with venezuela due to human rights violations -- plus there's big HR impacts with complexity. do u think shunning is bad?