South-X

2014-2015

i honestly would have preferred the middle east topic. This topic is going to end up being too similar to this year's. 

hate me, but thats my opinion and im entitled to it. 

Edited by BrookeB
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Bikini Bottom Aff ftw lol

CONTENTION ONE IS INHERENCY: WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA

• Upvote 8

Can't think of any policy affs besides icebreakers and iron fertilization, and T on those is sketchy at best. Definitely excited to get to camp and start seeing the possibilities 

• Upvote 1

i honestly would have preferred the middle east topic. This topic is going to end up being too similar to this year's. 

hate me, but thats my opinion and im entitled to it. 

How is this going to be to similar to this year?

Brent, it's going to be Mexico oil.... Cuba oil.... Venezuela Oil.... Cuba natural gas.... I personally think oceans will be resemble a lot of the space topic.

Eh yeah I could see oil, I also agree that it will be like the space topic which I am excited for the creativity.

Brent, it's going to be Mexico oil.... Cuba oil.... Venezuela Oil.... Cuba natural gas.... I personally think oceans will be resemble a lot of the space topic.

Personally, I think the oceans topic will resemble the last oceans topic...

• Upvote 2

Why did people pick oceans over the Middle East? The Middle East topic is so timely and has a ton of arguments and lit on both sides. I feel like people vote for whatever topic seems more exotic than the topic that would actually create good debate.

• Upvote 4

Why did people pick oceans over the Middle East? The Middle East topic is so timely and has a ton of arguments and lit on both sides. I feel like people vote for whatever topic seems more exotic than the topic that would actually create good debate.

Do you realize how boring the Middle East topic would be? The military topic my freshman year was just as boring, and I never really got into debate until the space topic. Having people interested in debate at the novice level is a pre-requisite to good debate at higher levels :l

• Upvote 1

I originally hated the oceans topic but it has grown on me now. With middle east the research burden of 5 places would have been next to impossible. Oceans is unique and the judges won't have as much bias as they would with middle east. Plus it will be fun arguing who has jurisdiction over the ocean.

• Upvote 1

I originally hated the oceans topic but it has grown on me now. With middle east the research burden of 5 places would have been next to impossible. 

The military topic of 2010-2011 didn't have this issue. Even on the space topic with seemingly infinite affs, there was stable neg ground. There would have been a ton of generics IN ADDITION TO specific disads to every country.

Plus it will be fun arguing who has jurisdiction over the ocean.

Doesn't sound fun at all...

• Upvote 3

The military topic of 2010-2011 didn't have this issue. Even on the space topic with seemingly infinite affs, there was stable neg ground. There would have been a ton of generics IN ADDITION TO specific disads to every country.

Doesn't sound fun at all...

I can see why a lot of people think that but honestly I think Oceans will provide for a lot of learning and I think Middle East would have been too similar to this years topic.

• Upvote 2

Do you realize how boring the Middle East topic would be? The military topic my freshman year was just as boring, and I never really got into debate until the space topic. Having people interested in debate at the novice level is a pre-requisite to good debate at higher levels :l

The military topic was soooooo good

• Downvote 1