ACuneo

[Online Tournament] Round 1: Milkdelish (aff) vs. Sign (neg)

I'm hella tab. Let's see a nice deebait. Speaks will be partially awarded by post efficiency (ie how fast you post your speech). I'll hear the K, T, DA, CP, Theory, F/W or whatever else you read. Very few things I am closed to, but if you make a blatantly stupid argument I will have a low threshold for outweighing it when they lay a few answers on it. Let's DEEBAIT!

Ok CX

1. To confirm your advocacy, you lifting a portion of the embargo. Does that portion have anything to do with the Helms Burton Act?

2. Do you agree that the travel ban is just like a sanction?

3. For Inherency, so we haven't seen postive effects of Obama easing restrictions? 

4. Also how much would we enough then, all or just some more? The plan text doesn't say the entire travel ban soooooo explain?

5. For the transtion adv where does any of your cards say that the transtion cuba is having now is bad or harming anything or anyone?

6. The Deudney and Ikenberry 12 card says thats key, whats key? I am guessing global democracy? Also the card doesn't specify cuba is key so can any country that isn't democractic transtion to be Key to global democracy?

7. Lastly for Airliners, if I provid a peace of evidence that says there has been false readings before, does that take out your miscal impact?

Ok CX

1. To confirm your advocacy, you lifting a portion of the embargo. Does that portion have anything to do with the Helms Burton Act?

3. For Inherency, so we haven't seen postive effects of Obama easing restrictions? 

4. Also how much would we enough then, all or just some more? The plan text doesn't say the entire travel ban soooooo explain?

5. For the transtion adv where does any of your cards say that the transtion cuba is having now is bad or harming anything or anyone?

6. The Deudney and Ikenberry 12 card says thats key, whats key? I am guessing global democracy? Also the card doesn't specify cuba is key so can any country that isn't democractic transtion to be Key to global democracy?

7. Lastly for Airliners, if I provid a peace of evidence that says there has been false readings before, does that take out your miscal impact?

Probably gonna have more questions :)

No more Venezuelan democracy?   :(

A. We switched to a new k aff

b. you really think i'm going to post my real aff here? This is literally a camp file

Ok CX

Not a lot

It's similar

We haven't seen substantial positive effects because he only lifted the travel ban in very small instances

"Also how much would we enough then" -I don't know what that means. If you want an explanation of the plan text, we are wholly lifting the travel ban.

Cuba is starting a transition now, but contact with US visitors is key to make sure it's democratic and sustainiable.  A non-democratic transition is bad because it doesn't lead to regional democracy which is needed to solve all of our democracy impacts

Development of Cuban and regional democracy. Our rice ev indicates that Cuban democratic develpopment is key to democracy in the region"The region still faces challenges, including Cuba's coming transition and the need to support, unequivocally, the Cuban people's right to a democratic future"

NO because we had satellites then to deny the false readings and prove them false--space asset collapse means that we won't have that capability

Ok CX

Not a lot

It's similar

We haven't seen substantial positive effects because he only lifted the travel ban in very small instances

"Also how much would we enough then" -I don't know what that means. If you want an explanation of the plan text, we are wholly lifting the travel ban.

Sorry for the mistake. The question was answered the 1NC will be up in a few

1. Your uniqueness card on politics said that the farm bill will pass "by next week" on december 5th. What says that it won't just be delayed more?

2. Where on T do you ever say that tourism is an example of diplomatic engagement or not an example of economic engagement?

3. On XO, your prakash and ramsey ev says that "Congress enjoys unquestioned foreign affairs authority over discrete foreign affairs matters"--how does this support your claim that the president has control over foreign affairs?

4. Your Haas card says that the president has to "approaching the Congress  " in order to solve for heg. How does your CP if it involves unilateral presidential action?

5. How can private companies increase tourism?

6. Your huddleston ev on the privatization flow says that federal aid isn't effective if it's connected to USAID--how does this mean our aff can't solve.

7. Your uniqueness card on the tourism DA is from 2008--how does this speak to the state of tourism now?

8. Your weissert ev says that lifting the travel ban would dramatically increase american tourism--how does this work with your no-inherency arg?

9. Your illia card on airliners says that "cash flow has not found a steady upward trend due to the industry’s instability." How does this not support our instability args?

1. Your uniqueness card on politics said that the farm bill will pass "by next week" on december 5th. What says that it won't just be delayed more?

Idk some ev. If you want to go for the NU, I am cool with that.

2. Where on T do you ever say that tourism is an example of diplomatic engagement or not an example of economic engagement?

Well are you not increasing dipolmacy using American tourists as your Amanpour and Neil 09 card says?

3. On XO, your prakash and ramsey ev says that "Congress enjoys unquestioned foreign affairs authority over discrete foreign affairs matters"--how does this support your claim that the president has control over foreign affairs?

?????It doesn't, thats why its not highlighted?? The very first sentence does. Plus you cut out the part that says Nor did anyone suggests

4. Your Haas card says that the president has to "approaching the Congress  " in order to solve for heg. How does your CP if it involves unilateral presidential action?

Oh no, the card says that the prez has to force congress or do it himself to have access to heg

5. How can private companies increase tourism?

Idk. My guess is that there will be private airways or travel.

6. Your huddleston ev on the privatization flow says that federal aid isn't effective if it's connected to USAID--how does this mean our aff can't solve.

No were in the 1NC says the aff can't solve. The cp just says private sector is better.

7. Your uniqueness card on the tourism DA is from 2008--how does this speak to the state of tourism now?

Unless you try to tell me an event or present a piece of ev that non- uniques it. Then it still stands.

8. Your weissert ev says that lifting the travel ban would dramatically increase american tourism--how does this work with your no-inherency arg?

The non-inherency arg is just saying the status quo now solves no reason for the plan and Weissert ev talks about how right now is the brink so don't do the plan.

9. Your illia card on airliners says that "cash flow has not found a steady upward trend due to the industry’s instability." How does this not support our instability args?

It probably does. But the industry is still improving without the plan.

Here's the 2AC. Order is T, Inherency, Transition, Airliners, XO, Politics, Privitization, and Tourism.

Sorry if my updates are a little bit slow--i'm at gonzaga right now.

Edited by Milkdelish

Before we start CX. I thought we were suppose to be under or at 2500 word count? Am I wrong? Can someone confirm?

Before we start CX. I thought we were suppose to be under or at 2500 word count? Am I wrong? Can someone confirm?

Yes

Ok sorry for the wait. Doing Hw the day before school lol. Anyway CX

1. Do you defend that your governmentally engaging with Cuba?

2. Isn't your entire 1 adv about dipolmacy?

3. Which piece of evidence in inhernecy proves the brink of when is enough.

4. If Obama did an XO and lifted some restrictions before, why can't he do it again?

5. How is your cuba study group ev any less baised than my ev?

6. When has there been a last time of SOP?

Probably gonna have more questions.

Edited by Sign

I defend that the lifting of restrictions on travel by the USfg represents engagement

It involves US citizens having contact with Cubans, but not governmental diplomacy

Our gibson ev states that the travel ban for ordinary citizens is unchanged and our paul ev proves that the recent relaxation of travel restrictions is not enough because it doesnt allow for adequate contacts

4. If Obama did an XO and lifted some restrictions before, why can't he do it again?

Clearly the lifting of those restrictions wasn't sufficient--congress is needed to lift the additional restrictions.

The cuba study group is a non profit and non partisan research organization--the havana times is a straight out pro-castro mouthpiece

SOP?

I defend that the lifting of restrictions on travel by the USfg represents engagement

It involves US citizens having contact with Cubans, but not governmental diplomacy

Our gibson ev states that the travel ban for ordinary citizens is unchanged and our paul ev proves that the recent relaxation of travel restrictions is not enough because it doesnt allow for adequate contacts

Clearly the lifting of those restrictions wasn't sufficient--congress is needed to lift the additional restrictions.

The cuba study group is a non profit and non partisan research organization--the havana times is a straight out pro-castro mouthpiece

SOP?

1. So you aren't governmentally engaging with Cuba?

2. So you're not promoting democracy in Cuba?

3. Ok cool you mention your Paul ev, how does the Steinmetz ev answer this back?

4. Ok that's cool, where do you read a piece of ev that says Congress is needed?

6. Lol separation of power

The USfg is lifting restrictions, which is engagement, but there is not direct government-to-government engagement

Our plan creates democracy in cuba, but there is no direct government-to government diplomatic engagement

3. Ok cool you mention your Paul ev, how does the Steinmetz ev answer this back?

It doesn't--travel restrictions aren't lifted for the majority of people stienmetz is talking about one program that allows a tiny number of people to have very limited contact

4. Ok that's cool, where do you read a piece of ev that says Congress is needed?

We don't

When has there been a last time? We have SOP now the CP is a violation

The USfg is lifting restrictions, which is engagement, but there is not direct government-to-government engagement

Our plan creates democracy in cuba, but there is no direct government-to government diplomatic engagement

It doesn't--travel restrictions aren't lifted for the majority of people stienmetz is talking about one program that allows a tiny number of people to have very limited contact

We don't

When has there been a last time? We have SOP now the CP is a violation

2. Yes or no question. Are you promoting democracy in Cuba?

3. Isn't your Paul ev specifically talking about the education programs too?

• Upvote 1

My answer can't be reduced down to a  yes or no, but if you must, no

Yeah and it says they don't work

My answer can't be reduced down to a  yes or no, but if you must, no

Yeah and it says they don't work

2. Ok then so no?

One LAST question: If I kick the tourism DA will you drop all offense on that flow?

Edited by Sign
  • Upvote 1