BwO

swyngedouw stuff

I have some cards I read on FW and extensions, nothing comprehensive but stuff I compiled really. He's a smart guy.

Before anyone bothers going to Google, I have confirmed that YES, Swyngedouw  is a real name 

he's a pretty big name in critical urban/planning studies in europe. he's written a lot but his most recent focus has been on sustainability, apocalypticism, and post-politics.

ALSO it is pronounced something like "shvengadoo". not "swingeydoo."

my recommendations:

Swyngedouw, E. "Apocalypse Forever? Post-political Populism and the Spectre of Climate Change." Theory Culture & Society 27, no. 2-3(2010) : 213-232. eScholarID:87837 | DOI:10.1177/0263276409358728

Swyngedouw, E. "Impossible/Undesirable Sustainability and the Post-Political Condition." In The Sustainable Development Paradox, ed. Krueger J.R. and Gibbs D, 13-40. New York: Guilford Press, 2007. eScholarID:3b3468

Swyngedouw, E. 2009. Plenary “Where is the Politicalâ€. In Antipode Summer School. University of Manchester. eScholarID:88055

Edited by Needs More Consult Japan
  • Upvote 5

he had an article from march or so of this year that was fantastic as well - i'll put some stuff up after finals

That article has the world's best Cap link in it (for warming affs)