I recently searched on the Internet how to answer Kritiks, and it seems that I am supposed to answer them by using POSTAF. (Perm, Offense, Solvency, Theory, Alt fails, Framework.)

My question is: if I hit a Neoliberalism K, can't I just read some Neolib good cards as my aff response?

And if I hit Capitalism, can't I just say "Cap Good"?

Also, I'd like to know how to tangle the Neg with having to answer the K and not kick out of it.

*How do you perm a K? I just thought that was a CP thing.

Edited by adrianmorquecho

Neolib good and Cap good function as offense against the Kritik. You should make all of the other arguments you have listed above along with those impact turn arguments.

There's no real way to force the negative to go for a Kritik. Alternatives work the same way as counterplans in that regard. If the negative claims to run them conditionally, they will can kick out of it whenever they please.

You permute a Kritik the same way you permute a counterplan. Perms test the competitiveness of a kritikal alternative the same way they test the competitiveness of a counterplan.

When hitting a kritk you should try and answer it in a variety of ways. Reading Cap good is a good answer to a cap K but it shouldn't be your only answer. It's more strategic to read a variety of things like a perm, framework, alt fails etc. You want to spread out your answers in the 2AC and make sure you have a variety so that in the neg block its harder for the negative team to answers your arguments. If you read one thing they can just take a dump on that argument in the neg block and your stuck with this argument that isn't going to win you the K flow. 

Reading those specific arguments (neolib good, cap good, etc) are really awesome answers because you can turn those into offense. You can't really force a team to go for a kritik but if you read arguments and they kick the K without answering them then you now have some awesome offense in the 2AR. You can kind of "force" a team to answer these arguments in this way, because if they don't answer your arguments you now get unanswered offense. 

Perming a K is just like perming a CP. The wording can be a little different, like pass the plan with the mentality of the kritik or something along those lines but the perm ends up operating the same. It is a test of the competitiveness of the alt. To make sure that the alt is truly mutually exclusive. 

But for example Capitalism, how would I permute their alternative of "Reject Capitalism and the Aff"?

perm: do the plan then reject capitalism

But for example Capitalism, how would I permute their alternative of "Reject Capitalism and the Aff"?

Usually the alt is "vote negative to _______" . The blank is how you fill in the perm. If its just reject the aff, then the alt is actually just the status quo which is an easy win.