pigasus

how do i PDF?

I often find great evidence from PDFs, but it's hard to highlight multiple pages of text and when I paste it into word the spacing is all wonky. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Word 2013 can convert .PDFs to word documents with correct formatting. Either find someone with Word13 or pm me PDFs and I'll convert for you

• Upvote 3

Alternatively, you can use a screenshot-based OCR software. You have to pay for ScreenOCR, but the program Capture2Text is easy to use, accurate, and free!

i have og wordd 2000. i just type everything i'm cutting. it helps me remember wut i'm cutting.

• Upvote 1

I'm lame, and annoying, but sometimes I enjoy typing it all out :D 

As mowl said: You remember whats in the card.  But also: reading evidence a ton is never bad, you usually get to cut it more effectively, and its like a typing workout. 

• Upvote 1

In verbatim there is a button called "remove returns" highlight your copied selection and hit this button and all the wonky spaces will probably go away.

• Upvote 2

on the contrary does anyone know how to convert word to pdf? I have word 10

http://www.online-convert.com/

Also, for those without word 2013, if you can highlight text, but it's in columns or whatever, go to the replace button and in the top box type: "^p" (no "'s) and in the bottom box type: "[space]". Then, do it again, but the top box should be: "[space][space]" to make sure you get rid of the rest of the formatting. You might have a few words put together, but spell check fixes that.

You can OCR with abode reader, but it isn't the best.

If a PDF is completely locked (damn thesis papers), use: http://foxyutils.com/unlockpdf/

Have fun.