SnarkosaurusRex

AT: PTX (No debt limit vote scenario)

From a cursory search this morning  haven't seen many people downplaying the limit on a realistic level (I know there are a bunch of republicans saying it's no biggie but almost all the articles poke fun at that which isn't helping me). 

Edit: It's run with a story like this: No vote -> economic collapse -> AAAAAAAAAHHhHHHH!

I was already planning on running my generic:

No Political Capital

Winner's Win

No I/L (collapse =/= ! in this case)

But has anyone seen anything like it's not an issue or that Obama wouldn't invest PC or some other argument I can make?

Im not an economist like Paul but i think it is a big deal (on a side note)

you could find Obama my not negotiate and spin that some how as a side note 

Rand Paul says it's not an issue

http://thehill.com/video/senate/326265-paul-theres-no-reason-to-raise-the-debt-ceiling

That probably falls into the " republicans saying it's no biggie" though. 

Yep, saw that, but the judges in my area, while right leaning, usually aren't libertarian fans from what I can tell.

Are people saying Obama needs capital with particular negotiators, or just to generally twist arms for yay votes? Particularly if the former, at this point it's not clear that Obama is actually investing capital - negotiations are in the Senate. It seems probable that once something is agreed, 1) in the Senate it will be whipped (or not) just within the chamber, without Obama, and 2) in the House, Boehner will either ignore the Hastert rule or not. 

I recall there were various possibilities for L --> I/L blunting last time this happened, eg president could unilaterally resolve the controversy between appropriations and debt ceiling in favor of appropriations, president could order the mint to cast an arbitrarily-large-denomination coin, TresSec can prioritize certain payments in a way that avoids default on T-bonds. Somebody must be writing about how the treasury would handle it? You might even make the mint-a-coin arg analytically, because it might be the only solution that doesn't violate any acts of Congress and therefore, arguably, the president's constitutional obligation.

Are people saying Obama needs capital with particular negotiators, or just to generally twist arms for yay votes? Particularly if the former, at this point it's not clear that Obama is actually investing capital - negotiations are in the Senate. It seems probable that once something is agreed, 1) in the Senate it will be whipped (or not) just within the chamber, without Obama, and 2) in the House, Boehner will either ignore the Hastert rule or not. 

I recall there were various possibilities for L --> I/L blunting last time this happened, eg president could unilaterally resolve the controversy between appropriations and debt ceiling in favor of appropriations, president could order the mint to cast an arbitrarily-large-denomination coin, TresSec can prioritize certain payments in a way that avoids default on T-bonds. Somebody must be writing about how the treasury would handle it? You might even make the mint-a-coin arg analytically, because it might be the only solution that doesn't violate any acts of Congress and therefore, arguably, the president's constitutional obligation.

I wasn't able to attend myself but my teammates should still have the flows and I should be able to get them tomorrow. I seriously doubt that there were good I/L stories (especially when spending is still run commonly as a DA, ugh)