sangel

Common Neg Strategies This Year

hi! for anyone who has started the year already or has gone to camp, what were some common 2nrs that you hit... i understand that it will obviously be different for everyone's aff but are there some cps, disads, or k's that are being run  frequently? thanks!

I mainlly hit Politics in camp or T. In terms of K's neolib will probably be very common for most policy teams. 

what are pics short for , sry a bit new to this

Plan Inclusive Counterplan

what are pics short for , sry a bit new to this

Plan Inclusive Counterplan

So for example, the neg might say "Let's remove the embargo EXCEPT for restriction on tourism", then they'd argue that tourism to cuba hurts their environment or something.  They're still doing most of the plan, but they're changing a small factor 

• Upvote 2

I will never say this again, but the Cap K is just unbelievable on this topic.  The evidence is amazing that says the following

1. even if neither country intends to be evil, the dominant capitalist country will reap more reward than the receiving country

2. the receiving country will ultimately lose money in the deal (of the plan)

3. The status quo is better than the plan

4. The alt is better than any of: the plan, the squo, the alt and the plan combined

5. the LINK ARGUMENTS turn the case, make the situation worse.

The generic cap K is just so hot right now.  Any neolib stuff specific to venezuela and cuba is also hot (but stick to just the cap K with mexico).  I also think this is one of the few topics where baudrillard is really meaningful (see Byrds aff wiki).  

Seriously though, structural marxism is the place to be right now, and the evidence goes conclusively neg if you know how to do basic spin.

• Upvote 5

I will never say this again, but the Cap K is just unbelievable on this topic.  The evidence is amazing that says the following

1. even if neither country intends to be evil, the dominant capitalist country will reap more reward than the receiving country

2. the receiving country will ultimately lose money in the deal (of the plan)

3. The status quo is better than the plan

4. The alt is better than any of: the plan, the squo, the alt and the plan combined

5. the LINK ARGUMENTS turn the case, make the situation worse.

The generic cap K is just so hot right now.  Any neolib stuff specific to venezuela and cuba is also hot (but stick to just the cap K with mexico).  I also think this is one of the few topics where baudrillard is really meaningful (see Byrds aff wiki).  

Seriously though, structural marxism is the place to be right now, and the evidence goes conclusively neg if you know how to do basic spin.

For that 1-5 list: Are these cards in camp files or something to cut?

For that 1-5 list: Are these cards in camp files or something to cut?

I could't tell you how to access them, but the Baylor cap K had all of the stuff you'd need to start a file

I could't tell you how to access them, but the Baylor cap K had all of the stuff you'd need to start a file

The Securo-Cap One that the Baylor Camp had?

Thank you! My students are interested in running better Ks. This is a great help - thanks to all the advanced debaters who take the time to help others.

• Upvote 1

This thread makes me sad that people don't cut new and innovative arguments. Politics, security, and cap will always be around because certain coaches are lazy or enjoy spreading a single message. We should be training you and you should be training yourselves to find a new and different message that you can use to turn an old argument. Reading the same thing every year doesn't create strong debate skills; it just entrenches a single way of thinking. 

• Upvote 1