ktg9616

13-14 Debaters

To my knowledge, most of the high school policy debaters that were active on this sub forum (Joe, Spencer, Springfield kids) graduated last spring. I'm pretty sure I'm the only active MO member and poster on this forum who currently policy debates in high school. I don't know if there are new faces or anything, so this thread is to just get a bearing of who all (if anyone) is left here.

I also wanted to start a discussion if anyone is left about disclosure. I'm not going to bother with a state specific disclosure wiki like Kansas. Last year, the MO policy wiki crashed and burned. Laura and myself, Greenwood Lab, and Kickapoo were the only ones who took it seriously. Everyone else posted troll cases or something dumb. Parkway West will be using the National NDCA wiki this year (even though we won't do much natl circuit. Maybe one tournament). Is anyone else interested in this?

Is anyone there.....?

• Upvote 2

Parkhill is bringing in 5 policy teams this year. I would also be up for disclosing.

Everyone always thinks debate is dying all the time.

It turns out that we have, like, an endless supply of first-year high school students.

• Upvote 4

True. West has 2-3 novice teams as well. I was directing the original post toward seniors/juniors.

Everyone always thinks debate is dying all the time.

It turns out that we have, like, an endless supply of first-year high school students.

PuF be poachin'.

• Upvote 1

ANYWAYS, those of you that DID respond:

What tournaments will you be going to? What district? Do you travel to other districts? Will you be going to the MSU tournament when it happens?

Would everyone make a NDCA Wiki page, or would they ditch like last year?

What tournaments will you be going to? What district? Do you travel to other districts? Will you be going to the MSU tournament when it happens?

Most of the 'usual' invitationals (I don't have the schedule on me). Probably not the MSU tournament unless I can get a partner who would be willing.

Wiki: Not my call but unlikely.

I dont know my exact district, but our nat quals was called heart of america. Our first tournament is Blue Springs/ Blue Springs South. We will be bringing 4 policy teams. I would be part of the wiki.

I dont know my exact district, but our nat quals was called heart of america. Our first tournament is Blue Springs/ Blue Springs South. We will be bringing 4 policy teams. I would be part of the wiki.

Yeah. Park Hill debates in Heart of America NFL district, and MSHSAA District 3. I don't know much about the schedule. Since Grant and Spencer graduated, the coaches are the only folks currently associated with the team that I still know at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We would be interested in disclosure. We have 1 and half teams. I must admit that most instances in which we disclosed locally, it was returned with red herrings (which were, in effect, pretty inconsequential). 

Tournaments in MO we're planning on attending:

Blue Springs/BSS

Park Hill

Lee Summit

Marquette 

Missouri State University

We would be interested in disclosure. We have 1 and half teams. I must admit that most instances in which we disclosed locally, it was returned with red herrings (which were, in effect, pretty inconsequential).

Tournaments in MO we're planning on attending:

Blue Springs/BSS

Park Hill

Lee Summit

Marquette

Missouri State University

Parkway West will be at Marquette and MSU. Can't wait to meet the LP teams. I've only heard good things.

I know my team (Marshfield) used to big into disclosure and national circuit, but we aren't a threat anymore. I still believe heavily in disclosure. I did start a collaborative Google Doc case list that right now has 8 different SWMO schools involved. It's not as useful as a wiki, but still gives hope to the future of disclosure in MO debate. It's mainly SWMO teams, but if anyone else wants to join it, that would be great. We would all see each other at tournaments like Liberty, Parkview, MSU, and MSHSAA. If you are interested in joining, email marshfielddebate@gmail.com

Central and Greenwood are both very involved in the project, so hopefully it will continue when I graduate.