idahopotatoe

Case Neg Collab

Would 3-4 people be willing to help start cutting some case negs to the affs on the topic?

pm me for details with the state you debate in

http://openevidence.debatecoaches.org/bin/view/Main/

Just saying.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm interested, but how would this work? Dropbox? Shared editing rights on google docs?

Openevidence is just a supplement, not to be relied on fully for evidence. You should cut your own because you don't know what you might find that could be useful and unique. For example, on the space topic a few years ago, a team ran a honeybee turn against SPS that I could not find in any campfile that was superb and well warranted. And this year a team ran a kickass light pollution disad to my affirmative (space elevator) on the transportation topic, that was definitely not in any of the camp files. (we lost that debate :()

Openevidence is just a supplement, not to be relied on fully for evidence. You should cut your own because you don't know what you might find that could be useful and unique. For example, on the space topic a few years ago, a team ran a honeybee turn against SPS that I could not find in any campfile that was superb and well warranted. And this year a team ran a kickass light pollution disad to my affirmative (space elevator) on the transportation topic, that was definitely not in any of the camp files. (we lost that debate :()

Well duh. That wasn't my point.

Openevidence shouldn't even be treated as a supplement. It should be treated as a starting point for brainstorming the topic, and for anticipating the strategies of your opponents. Any more reliance than that is undesirable, though perhaps still regrettably necessary for those without much free time or with a small squad.

Regardless of the status of open evidence (not saying your wrong, just I'm the only one on my team that has an AFF ready right now if that gives you an idea of the research status of my team) I like this idea but I'd like elaboration from the op on his 'solvency'.

It is being done on a shared dropbox. Basically, it is for the smaller teams, or those who do not have the abundant time or personnel resources to personally cut each and every case neg theirselves. More of a divide and conquer type of "solvency"