KimJongUn

Ld Meta-Ethics Back File Project 2013

Last year there was a project to construct a meta-ethic master file (http://www.cross-x.com/topic/52392-meta-ethic-list/) and for those of us who didn't get in to that project, I'd be interested in starting a meta-ethics back file project that I'll be working heavily on over the next several months.  The effort will be to cover: 

biological determinism

prescriptivism

quasi-realism

noncognitivism

practical reason
communitarianism
universizable prescriptivism
emotivism
aestheticism
absurdism
error theory 

Post here and message me your emails for a drop box invite.

This isn't a meta-ethic, and it is generally a stupid argument

It's used as a meta-ethic, even if it shouldn't be, so it makes sense to consider it when making the file.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's used as a meta-ethic, even if it shouldn't be, so it makes sense to consider it when making the file.

Too much of a waste of time to get into whether all of the theories in the list really ARE or ARE NOT meta ethics.

I've set up the drop box and rteehas has been invited

- The project will be continuous until I'm satisfied, but the general goal will be to have everything formatted in time for Grapevine (2nd week of September) and I'll keep working on it afterwards

- I'm sticking books to cut from in the dropbox, and I can upload more books at request.

I'm in

Send me your email to add you to the drop box.

For all who are wondering - 

I'm going through and assembling my own set of files on all the above meta ethics, I'll upload them once they are a substantial size.

Again, I'll be making my first addition before Greenhill.  I'm gonna kick everyone who hasn't contributed to the file by then, since I don't have much sympathy for people who just wanna leach along.

I've added everyone who has asked.

Again, I'll be making my first addition before Greenhill.  I'm gonna kick everyone who hasn't contributed to the file by then, since I don't have much sympathy for people who just wanna leach along.

I've added everyone who has asked.

When is Greenhill?