The X Factor

Pre-Institute Files

It's getting to be that time of year for camps to start releasing their pre-camp files. While I don't have any myself (I'm going into college so I have no real vested interest in them), I thought it would be good to establish one thread as a link dump to avoid cluttering the forums.

NDCA WIki--->Recent Changes--->some team uploaded this aff as a document to the wiki.

• Upvote 4

Lol every single camp is doing Cuba Oil or Cuba Embargo. I think it's the HSR of this years topic. 

• Upvote 2

Lol every single camp is doing Cuba Oil or Cuba Embargo. I think it's the HSR of this years topic. 

I think Embargo is the HSR of this year's topic (in that I don't think either of them is an especially good aff).

Cuba Oil however definitely has some potential.

The Transboundary Agreement ratification aff that UTNIF produced literally went* non-inherent a week ago:

"“By passing this Transboundary Agreement, the House has furthered its commitment to create jobs through energy. This legislation implements a first of its kind agreement with the government of Mexico to develop shared resources located between our two countries in the Gulf,†said Duncan. “The legislation also opens roughly 1.5 million acres in the Gulf of Mexico for production and would help create American jobs and grow our economy in the process. According to the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management and the U.S. State Department, these areas are estimated to contain 172 million barrels of oil and 304 billion cubic feet of natural gas, a considerable amount that will lessen our dependence on Middle Eastern sources of oil. The agreement also prioritizes safety by requiring that all operations in the region conform to U.S. safety standards and establishes a framework for possible future arrangements with other neighboring countries like Canada. Simply put, this legislation is a win-win for our country, and I am proud that it received strong bipartisan support.â€"

http://jeffduncan.house.gov/press-release/duncan-praises-house-passage-transboundary-agreement

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Transboundary Agreement ratification aff that UTNIF produced literally went terminally non-inherent a week ago:

"“By passing this Transboundary Agreement, the House has furthered its commitment to create jobs through energy. This legislation implements a first of its kind agreement with the government of Mexico to develop shared resources located between our two countries in the Gulf,†said Duncan. “The legislation also opens roughly 1.5 million acres in the Gulf of Mexico for production and would help create American jobs and grow our economy in the process. According to the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management and the U.S. State Department, these areas are estimated to contain 172 million barrels of oil and 304 billion cubic feet of natural gas, a considerable amount that will lessen our dependence on Middle Eastern sources of oil. The agreement also prioritizes safety by requiring that all operations in the region conform to U.S. safety standards and establishes a framework for possible future arrangements with other neighboring countries like Canada. Simply put, this legislation is a win-win for our country, and I am proud that it received strong bipartisan support.â€"

http://jeffduncan.house.gov/press-release/duncan-praises-house-passage-transboundary-agreement

i hope you understand what "terminally" means, it hasnt passed the senate yet. 

i hope you understand what "terminally" means, it hasnt passed the senate yet. 

Sorry, fixed. But chances are it will pass in the next couple weeks. The TBA bill was only a partisan issue in the House, and it passed there under a pretty bipartisan vote.