jishane

Underlined Text 12 Font, Ununderlined Text 8 Font...?

Is there any way to do this automatically?

I'm trying Open Office Apache because f*** paying a hundred bucks for a word processor suite.

I know Synergy and Verbatim have buttons that let you highlight existing text and downsize the ununderlined parts. Does anyone have any idea what the macro/whatever is for that? Any other ideas?

Thanks

On Verbatim, at the top click Format, and then Click the 8 Shrink Font button.

I don't think verbatim works with Apache. Do you know what the actual function is?

verbatim is, among other things, a collection of macros--so if you're not planning on using verbatim, you would have to reconstruct the XML or whatever. I don't know anything about computers.

also http://debateos.org/.

also depending on your institution/department you can often get reduced price or free copies of MS word.

Edit: Ninja'd

If you want, you can install DebateOS on to LibreOffice (which is free). I'm sure it has a function for shrinking font, but I don't know what it is.

MIro, is there a function for making the font of your pnis larger?

The font's as small as a size two right now.

I'll just link you to my previous video thank you very much.

• Upvote 2

I don't think verbatim works with Apache. Do you know what the actual function is?

I just like that hes asking for help with Apache and his picture is of a Native American.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

DebateOS does not have a mini font. Our belief is that you have infinite real estate in the paperless world, so zoom in when reading and scroll.

It's also SUPER easy to record your own macro for this, although not one that will simply find all the un-underlined text and minimize it. I do have a Google Docs make non-underlined smaller script in the works for the DebateOS port to G.Docs.

http://www.cross-x.com/topic/55341-debateos-template-3-google-docs-macro-port/?do=findComment&comment=875966

verbatim is, among other things, a collection of macros--so if you're not planning on using verbatim, you would have to reconstruct the XML or whatever. I don't know anything about computers.

also http://debateos.org/.

also depending on your institution/department you can often get reduced price or free copies of MS word.

So, does this have the nice Ctrl-F thing on Word 2010? I absolutely LOVE Linux and have wanted to use it for debate, but that damn feature on word is the only reason why I still use it. 

I have not used Word in over a decade. You'll have to be more specific than Ctrl+F "thing". Is it not "Find"/"Search Document" as with nearly all word processors?

I have not used Word in over a decade. You'll have to be more specific than Ctrl+F "thing". Is it not "Find"/"Search Document" as with nearly all word processors?

What do you use other than Microsoft Word?

I've used Open Office almost since it began. First, on a Windows 98 machine, then when it was x11 based on a G3 white MacBook with OS X 10.1 or 10.2. If you happen to be a freshman or sophomore in high school, then I've probably been using it since before you could talk or speak whole sentences. I'm the person who writes the paperless macros for LibreOffice, now. 

When Open Office failed me, and it did, sometimes, I'd just use any basic text editor and save in RTF. Then I'd e-mail a friend who would save it as a .doc for me to send to my profs.

There's a really nice navigation bar that it has that I've never seen in any other word processor that really helps with quickly finding cards. I'll post screenshots when I get home. 

I'll assume it's not Document Map (I think they call it Navigation Pane, now) on the left, for now. But if it is, then yes, LibreOffice has it, but they call it Navigator. My teams use it to navigate their files to the parts they want to send to the speech. You can drag and drop within the Navigator to rearrange the speech or file, too.

Send%20Block%20To%20Speech.png