Smarf

Free Files

This attempter k is interesting, I'll look into it a bit more, :D.

I didn't finish cutting it, because we got to the tournament.  It's all based off Beyond Good and Evil.  It's basically an indict of assuming or even thinking doing an action is "good" or "bad".  

It's really easy to bait aff's into the K by asking in 1AC CX:

>You: So... Why are we doing the plan?

>Aff: Here let me list my impacts! LOL!1!!!1!!

>You: Why is that bad?

> Aff; *Get caught off guard* Because, X, Y, Z

> You: So X, Y, Z are good?

> Aff: *Begin thinking... What's up* Yeah I guess.

The whole chain of reasoning is that there is no good, there is no evil (thus the Book's name), and attempting to impose your ideas of good and evil on others (like the aff) robs us of our ability to pursue our own version of life, our good and evil.

If you want to work on it with me as I finish it, Bobby, just message me on facebook or something. I forgot about the K because my season ended.

If you want to work on it with me as I finish it, Bobby, just message me on facebook or something. I forgot about the K because my season ended.

Yea, I'll see how my summer looks, and if I have time I'll definitely hit you up first. I've yet to read Beyond Good and Evil but it's on my list of lit to read.

This mythical "learning DnG" folder on your dropbox sounds... interesting.

Edit: Obligatory upvote for DnG and Reddit

• Upvote 3

I'll do the same with all of my files when I finish all nats prep! 

All hail Cho

• Upvote 2

> Aff; *Get caught off guard* Because, X, Y, Z

> You: So X, Y, Z are good?

> Aff: *Begin thinking... What's up* Yeah I guess.

I'm confused how proving your assumptions.....is a link to the argument.   If the argument is about having assumptions.

The cross ex question is either:

1. a link out/link "turn"

2. impact turn-ish at least on the assumptive level.

I'm probably being overly critical.  I just thought I would be a little provocational.....but not in a mean way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm confused how proving your assumptions.....is a link to the argument.   If the argument is about having assumptions.

The cross ex question is either:

1. a link out/link "turn"

2. impact turn-ish at least on the assumptive level.

I'm probably being overly critical.  I just thought I would be a little provocational.....but not in a mean way.

Well Nietzsche's whole argument is that we should move beyond of good and evil, and not impose that system of morality on others.

The point at which the affirmative makes a claim of good and evil, acts in a way to follow this system, and pleads for a vote for it, that provides the link.  The fact they're substantiating the claim with more arguments "like death is bad, moral obligation, extinction is irreparable" these are just more terminal impacts that they assume or give moral weight to.

However, if they say, "well we'll defend that their is absolute good, and good is in human life, we can read cards"  Then the link is more substantiated, but then it would be a "impact turn-ish".  If that's what you meant, I agree, but the dialogue was more referring to affs that just state more moral claims/terminal impacts as warrants (which is what I've seen in the past, usually.)