zetazetadelta

Compilation Of Good Sources For Evidence

What is your "method" for finding evidence with these sources? Do you think "Oh I need some cap answers" then go onto CATO.org? I feel like that would take a while. I usually think "Oh I need some cap answers" then google "Benefits of capitalism". Then I'll recognize some of the more qualified people (CATO)  and go from there. I don't go to a specific source to find an argument, I google an argument then find the source. If you do it the other way, do you find this more efficient? Judging by all the blocks you made, you've pretty good at finding evidence. 

What is your "method" for finding evidence with these sources? 

I use the search feature on a source that I think will be able to meet my needs to find the evidence I need.

For example, if I need Cap good, I'll go to Cato and search for "free market success" or something.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Reddit.com is a surprisingly good source to keep up with current events and getting links to articles 

R/politics is a pretty good subreddit if you are looking for right wing evidence. Sometimes I even quote some of the comments because they are that good!

• Upvote 6

R/politics is a pretty good subreddit if you are looking for right wing evidence. Sometimes I even quote some of the comments because they are that good!

The sarcasm is eating me alive.

• Upvote 2

Google Advanced Search assuming you know how to use it. (by organization type, document type, etc...)

Google Scholar (basically reverse footnotes).

Stanford Philosophy Database

I've cross-posted this thread in a Resources for Coaching Debate thread here:

http://www.cross-x.com/topic/52312-resources-for-teaching-and-coaching-debate/

In seriousness, Reddit can be an awesome source for finding kritikal literature - there's a decently active left-philosophy network of subreddits that get (at least) weekly updates.

Autonomia or anarcho/communist stuff - think Holloway and Deleuze,

ProcessRelational has some Deleuzian lit, 

Philosophy for crappy armchair philosophy discussion,

AskPhilosophy for much better discussion and questions,

CriticalTheory is obviously helpful,

RadicalPhilosophy can be tight,

PsychoGeography is Deleuzian,

PostAnarchism is awesome

DebateCommunism has cool discussions and can help you answer bad CX questions,

SpeculativeRealism is just that,

PostColonialism will be hella relevant next year,

ContinentalTheory is great, and

CriticalPedagogy for Freire and Giroux and similar authors, awesome interviews are there - plus, I'm a mod on that board.

Enjoi!

I implore you that if you enjoy the literature on those subs, please give back to the communities in the form of links and articles uploaded, as some of them have low submission rates and could greatly benefit from your help!

edit - /r/PathOfCapital is a cool way to learn the "outline" of Capital, too, and other Marxist writing

• Upvote 2

In seriousness, Reddit can be an awesome source for finding kritikal literature - there's a decently active left-philosophy network of subreddits that get (at least) weekly updates.

Autonomia or anarcho/communist stuff - think Holloway and Deleuze,

ProcessRelational has some Deleuzian lit, 

Philosophy for crappy armchair philosophy discussion,

AskPhilosophy for much better discussion and questions,

CriticalTheory is obviously helpful,

RadicalPhilosophy can be tight,

PsychoGeography is Deleuzian,

PostAnarchism is awesome

DebateCommunism has cool discussions and can help you answer bad CX questions,

SpeculativeRealism is just that,

PostColonialism will be hella relevant next year,

ContinentalTheory is great, and

CriticalPedagogy for Freire and Giroux and similar authors, awesome interviews are there - plus, I'm a mod on that board.

Enjoi!

I implore you that if you enjoy the literature on those subs, please give back to the communities in the form of links and articles uploaded, as some of them have low submission rates and could greatly benefit from your help!

edit - /r/PathOfCapital is a cool way to learn the "outline" of Capital, too, and other Marxist writing

r/circlejerk is good for satirical philosophical literature

r/trees is good for modernist philosophy

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1