zetazetadelta

Tell Me What Blocks You Need And I'll Make Them.

i don't think it's that we shouldn't view humans as separate, it's that we shouldn't reduce objects to vehicles for human usage and representation. 

Bryant actually writes "My onticology does not deny that humans introduce differences through their significations.  What it tries to draw attention to is non-signifying differences made by other things.  What difference does a toilet make?  Is it possible that the absence or presence of a toilet plays a role in the forms power takes?  The point is that if we really want to understand how assemblages function we must avoid reducing the actors in assemblages to something else and must instead be attentive to the play of differences among different types of objects."

The argument your thinking of is more Heidegger and Introna based off your interpretation. That passage in particular is I think more about applying Latour's theory of of non-human agency (I believe Bryant calls this the Ontic Principle) to critical theory and ontology as well as broader social paradigms and reconceptualizing classical modes of understanding power.

• Downvote 1

Hudson,

My issue was mostly with the truth claim.

Also, I think the evidence at the end is just better--for a number of reasons I outline above--including that it subsumes that evidence.

Its not even reading the Bible or reading the Old Testament....its reading the violent parts of the Bible...which occupy what percentage????  It probably represents 25% of the old and 5% of the new (depending on how it deals with passages from Revelation, etc..).  So overall about 15% (perhaps a bit more because the Old Testament is longer.

I realize you had a limited range of time & sources.

BTW, Is the Christian God K anti-government?  What is the link?

I coached teams to run a similar K based on Wyoming camp files a number of years--of the anti-government persuasion.

Also, don't they get secularism bad (aka materialism) or culture of death (Pope John Paul) or similar arguments as net benefits to their alt?   Add-on advantages of sorts to mitigate and subsume.

I don't remember the specific authors we used, but I seem to remember: William Cavanaugh as being one of the main authors for the anarchism-ish version.   You might find stuff by him here: http://www.jesusradicals.com/

Or specifically here: http://www.jesusradicals.com/theology/william-cavanaugh/

I honestly may be totally off on the author.  Thats just what I remember and he is making those arguments--for instance his 2005 critique of exceptionalism.

But you could probably search for criticisms either via the main search or an academic/publication based search.

• Downvote 1

irony good cards would be cool, or just some online sources.

Here's a golden one.

Nah just kidding, but really, subscribe to their newsletter and you get nearly weekly updates to your Satire or Allegory of the Squirrel files. Good stuff on that site.

Hey everyone. Sorry false heroism took so long, there was a lot that had to go into it. First I had to collect all of the original cards that were in GBN's kritiks (by the way those guys are awesome, they were very helpful and gave me the Williams cards straight up when I contacted them), then I had to spend a long time actually considering the kritik (lots of moving parts in this one), and I actually trashed this file twice because I decided that there were better ways to deal with the K.

Here's what I think is pretty much the finished product. You shouldn't need more than this to beat false heroism. I also included the kritik itself for anyone who'd like it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/avrek4ej4kewezd/AT%20False%20Heroism%20K.docx

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hey everyone. Sorry false heroism took so long, there was a lot that had to go into it. First I had to collect all of the original cards that were in GBN's kritiks (by the way those guys are awesome, they were very helpful and gave me the Williams cards straight up when I contacted them), then I had to spend a long time actually considering the kritik (lots of moving parts in this one), and I actually trashed this file twice because I decided that there were better ways to deal with the K.

Here's what I think is pretty much the finished product. You shouldn't need more than this to beat false heroism. I also included the kritik itself for anyone who'd like it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/avrek4ej4kewezd/AT%20False%20Heroism%20K.docx

The link isn't working just so you know. Thanks for this by the way! I doubt I'll ever hit the K, but I'm really interested in it!

The link isn't working just so you know. Thanks for this by the way! I doubt I'll ever hit the K, but I'm really interested in it!

Sorry, here's a working link: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwp1rnair0qsdyl/AT%20False%20Heroism%20K.docx

Edit: I also included all of the original kritik material there, so if that's what you're interested in you should be set.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Yes, that's pretty simple trig. Here's how to do each section:

1) Take the given degree measure and divide it by 360. Then, multiply that number 2pi. 

Explanation: by dividing the degree measure by 360, which is the total number of degrees in a circle, you can find out the fraction of the circle that the angle in question represents. Then, you multiply that fraction by 2pi, which is the number of radians in any circle, to find the measure of the angle in radians.

2) Take the given radian measure and divide it by 2pi. Then, multiply that number by 360.

Explanation: this is the same thing backwards.

3) Find the circumference of the circle by multiplying the radius by 2pi. Then, multiply the circumference by the fraction of the circle that the angle represents (for example, the first question's angle is 72/360 of the total circle).

Explanation: You should probably already understand what it means to find the circumference of a circle. When we multiply that number by the fraction of the angle, we find the length of the arc that CORRESPONDS to that circle. Using the same example, because an angle with a measure of 72 degrees is 72/306ths of the whole circle in degrees, the corresponding arc length is 72/360ths of the total circumference of the circle.

4) Fuck this section. Graphing is for pussies

But nah, if you really need help I'll explain... let me know...

5) For each question, figure out what the hypotenuse, opposite, and adjacent sides of the triangle are equal to by using the Pythagorean theorem. Then just find the trigonometric ratio you need (be careful with the sign of your answer!).

Example: So in the first question, you know that sin = opposite side / hypotenuse. That means that opposite = -12 and hypotenuse = 13. That means that b^2, or the adjacent side, is equal to 169-144, so b = -5 (negative because we're in the third quadrant). Then, cosine is obviously just -5/13.

Holy crap, you're helpful!! 

Sadly the dropbox links for "Poetry Good" and "AT OOO" are dead, I never got a chance to download the OOO one. Could you fix the links or upload to mediafire or something please?

irony good cards would be cool, or just some online sources.

This is an old irony file, but it's .pdf so you'd need to OCR it.

• Upvote 1

Sadly the dropbox links for "Poetry Good" and "AT OOO" are dead, I never got a chance to download the OOO one. Could you fix the links or upload to mediafire or something please?

Use the links in the OP, all the comment links died for some reason. 

Here's O3 and Poetry: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7snqehcn0femddp/AT%20OOO.docx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/95bs71b0gf9z2ib/Poetry%20Good.docx

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is an old irony file, but it's .pdf so you'd need to OCR it.

I've actually been typing up most of the cards and putting blocks all in a word file. If anyone wants it let met know, but newer irony good cards would still be useful.

• Upvote 3

I've actually been typing up most of the cards and putting blocks all in a word file. If anyone wants it let met know, but newer irony good cards would still be useful.

I'm making one too actually..

If you're interested in making a couple policy-style blocks, I have some requests:

1. Frontlines to the Yucca mountain/spent fuel aff with offense and defense.

That's here http://wiki.debatecoaches.org/2013+TOC+-+Carrolton+DS#Round%206%20---%20New%20Aff

and on GBN KS's wiki. 

2. Answers to Mexico Relations (with the "we help Nieto's agenda" stuff on Juan Diego KW's wiki) and India relations advantages. 

Thanks!