MCat

Round 565 (I Think?): Mcat (Aff) V. Bannister (Neg) ;)

-- Aff happen.  by enacting any of the alts, can the plan still occur (regardless of whether Usfg is actor)?

this is seperate for each. 

Cap- nope, ur plan's capitalist, Herod says we need a totalizing rejection.

Kato- the world of the alt is one where the judge rejects your representations of nuclear war. Unless there's an advocacy shift, no. 

Introna- We don't preclude the type of action that you take, we say that is has to come from a standpoint of interconnectedness which only happens by embracing a mode of fragmented thinking. 

1st kato's Big Fap k.

---"critical to shift our focus back to the real problem – capitalism"  so we are examining Cap's affect on life, right?

that's not what we do, no. We do say that capitalism is whats causing this, and we need to reject your reps for an interrogation of cap. 

3rd fap-tastic k

--- yah alt.  How does the lens of radical difference solve for this?  and what do you define the lens as?

Lens- the way that we view the rest of the world and every other form of being.

Solves because like i said, the alt allows for viewing everyone with radical incomparability and losing a sense of the self to compare to, losing a sense of measurement calculation of value.In a world of fragmented thinking, we can't distinguish between the "useful" and the "useless", thus solving the standing reserve part. 

• Upvote 1

Mcat, are you fine with me judging? Paradigm is tab, run whatever you like

Im fine with anyone juding. Just ok it with bannister First

shit, we have a lot... i'm cool with anyone as long as they arent some "the neg must defend one uncondo CP or the squo" hack. 

that would be reallly stupid. i'm definitely not an either or judge. you MUST defend just the squo. thats all.

;)

• Upvote 1

cough, one of my state judges cough

and every judge in my area cough

Hey! At least they *know* what a CP is, let alone unconditionality!

Unlike the enemy team, who thought our CP had to be topical & didn't even ask the status...

UIL state cracked me up.

At least you have States!  :sob:

Edit: District of Columbia

Edit: Also, "enemy team", lol.

Jk. No case cx. 2ac will be up friday night

Edit: just got my debate laptop back from the shop.  2ac in about an hour

almost done with 2a.  just one more question
how does schizopherenia solve for introna's arg? and why does the aff take away from the value of being?
edit: 2 questions actually

re-edit:  Just finished.  Just gotta get the word count dowwwwn

1. I'm just gonna copy+ paste the alt Q from earlier CX... schizophrenia in the context of the alt is viewing everyone with radical incomparability and losing a sense of the self to compare to, losing a sense of measurement calculation of value. DnG prove that in a schizophrenic world, we won’t distinguish between the useful and the useless. A person or thing is infinitely valued simply because it is a form of Being. 

2. You look at the world solely in terms of human value. 

Actually... 

FW

1. Where does Owen say discourse focus leads to paralysis? 

2. Owen says we prioritize ontology and epistemology over interpretive and explanatory power.... what are those? How does the aff strengthen those?

3. What's rational choice theory? Owen says that's the alternative...

4. Owen mentions a vicious cycle... of what?

5. How does our focus on reps obscure agency?

6. If we win that there's an impact to your reps, do we win Tuathail?

Condo

1. Your CI is unlimited CPs... How in the fuck does this solve your two standards?

2. Why are condo kritiks worse than CPs?

Kato

1. Where does your first card say "there's no more testing"? It seems like it says "the prospects of stopping testing are getting better". 

2. How do we do the plan and shatter first-world reps of nuke war? 

3. You defend the entirety of the 1ac, right?

4. How are we the nuclear opposition that Krishna talks about?

Cap

1. What the hell does "do the plan in the face of the alt" mean? 

2. Where does Wilson say physics at all? 

3. Warrant in Cudd? 

4. What did our vague alt prevent you from doing? 

5. Where do we claim Marxism as our new political strategy? 

Introna

1. Phelps 2k9- whats the difference between sentient and insentient beings? 

2. Explain this card? It seems rambling...

3. Light- Where's the warrant? Doesn't this dude openly admit that he can't prove it?

4. Where do we say the alt is fiated? Why can't people affirm schizophrenia? 

edit: sorry for long CX. 

Actually... 

FW

1. Where does Owen say discourse focus leads to paralysis? 

--- He says that this will lead to a "potentially vicious circle." aka.  paralysis because we cannot escape this vicious circle

6. If we win that there's an impact to your reps, do we win Tuathail?

That is up for the judges to decide.

I will answer the rest on FW later. I have to go to a game

Condo

1. Your CI is unlimited CPs... How in the fuck does this solve your two standards?

--- I dont even know... I was tired... 

Kato

1. Where does your first card say "there's no more testing"? It seems like it says "the prospects of stopping testing are getting better". 

--- They use their supercomputers now to test for NW.  The last part of the card is stating that this advancement will eventually lead to a bill/law/something being passed to permanently ban the use thereof.

2. How do we do the plan and shatter first-world reps of nuke war? 

---First, we do the plan.  And, while doing plan, we take a look at shattering the First-World's form of image based politics.  That's where Krishna comes in.  The kritik that kato puts out is along nuclear opposition due to the problems you described in the K.  This has unreasonable views of reality.  The perm states that we must shatter these reps.

3. You defend the entirety of the 1ac, right?

--- I'm guessing your referring to the perm.  We defend the plan without nuclear apoc reps

4. How are we the nuclear opposition that Krishna talks about?

--- Kato was against the use of nuclear/ uranium stuffs.  Answered above.

Fap

1. What the hell does "do the plan in the face of the alt" mean? 

--- Basically do the plan with the alt watching, haha. Its essentially a do the plan because the alt won't work.

2. Where does Wilson say physics at all? 

---psyches.  It is ingrained in our everyday way of thought to eliminate. 

3. Warrant in Cudd? 

---Encouraging lower fertility rates which increase maternal and infant survival.  These discourage mass productions

4. What did our vague alt prevent you from doing? 

---All your alt is describing is "reject cap."  It isn't stating anything beyond that.  Prevents us from attacking your alt solvency and moving target.

5. Where do we claim Marxism as our new political strategy? 

--- You don't not claim Marxism, haha?

but, the card is talking about an example where marxism flat out sucks due to wars and genocide.  When cap is rejected in total, Marxism fills the gap to equal out classes, etc.

Introna

1. Phelps 2k9- whats the difference between sentient and insentient beings? 

---Sentient  are those with awareness while insentient are unaware.

2. Explain this card? It seems rambling...

-- We state that our various ethics should be grounded in experience.  When we tear a leave or break a rock with a hammer, we feel no pain, we have done nothing wrong.  Phelps talks about how we should have a direct link in order to help the environment

3. Light- Where's the warrant? Doesn't this dude openly admit that he can't prove it?

---By not thinking of environment in Anthro terms hinders our ability to create a moral agenda for helping the environ.  No.  He says we should be open to both Anthro and Non-Anthro claims.

4. Where do we say the alt is fiated? Why can't people affirm schizophrenia? 

--- There is no ev. on why people would support this type of social movement.

edit: sorry for long CX. 

--No prob

cool, the 2nc is ready once FW gets answered. 

and one more...

How does doing the plan come face-to-face with the Fourth world? can you just explain that perm? 

2. Owen says we prioritize ontology and epistemology over interpretive and explanatory power.... what are those? How does the aff strengthen those?

--- what are what?  we say that the onto/epist makes a philisophical turn.  Whole dependence on one or the other is pretty bad.  We strengthen those because

3. What's rational choice theory? Owen says that's the alternative...

---RCT is the fact that our plan takes into account Onto/Epistemology, but, we are not 100% dependent on one or the other.

4. Owen mentions a vicious cycle... of what?

---a cycle of prioritizing ontology over epist, epist over ontology, epist over etc., onto over etc.,  basically, its simulating 1 approach over another. 

5. How does our focus on reps obscure agency?

---because you fetishize our discoure that you obscure the agencies 

How does doing the plan come face-to-face with the Fourth world? can you just explain that perm?

---The perm is stating that we do the plan.  But, while doing the plan, we acknowledge, "come face to face," confront and understand the plight of the 4th world.  We cannot be drive on the image-based politics of 1st world 

you can post 1nr whenever.  I will cx the 2n tonight

a doormat.....meanie...

and. i can already tell, this 1ar is going to be a doosy

• Upvote 1

CX

Case

Explain the Schroenberger and Peet args?

FW

1) You state that our approach to fairness isn't neutral... What's not fair about you getting your k's and me my plan?

2)on nayar, how do you form real world Education?

3)Why is your FW preferable to ours?

FapCap

1) what happens after cap is rejected?

1r will be up tomorrow or later in the week