MCat

Round 565 (I Think?): Mcat (Aff) V. Bannister (Neg) ;)

1. What's up with the winking face? haha

2. Your maragaronis evidence... How is this dude qualified at all? He's a "guest columnist" writing in the opinion section of the Seattle Pioneer...

3. Your Segal evidence says that we need "new technologies" to compete globally- do you create new technologies? 

4. Your barnett evidence talks about how important the military is to mediate conflicts... where does he talk about competitiveness? How does your plan strengthen the military? 

5. Your Needham evidence talks about highways and rush hour... how do you solve road congestion that this card talks about? 

6. What is "short sea transportation"? What kinds of transportation do you defend? 

7. The Perakis and Denisis ev talks about the maritime industry...  where does the needham evidence say anything about this at all? 

8. Does the government rely completely on private companies to build their ships?

9. Do you defend private action? The Cook card says it's key...

10. Where's Barnhizer's warrant for transition wars? (line from the card)

ill judge!! i evaluate the round how u tell me to but i LOVE kritiks as long as u explain crazi(er) ones and tell me how the k(s) you're running apply to the debate!

i listen to all arguments (literally, ALL arguments) but i hate boring ass T debates

1. What's up with the winking face? haha

---Why not.

2. Your maragaronis evidence... How is this dude qualified at all? He's a "guest columnist" writing in the opinion section of the Seattle Pioneer...

---president of California-based Santa Maria Shipowning; thats not the opinions section; In Green ships can fight Global warming, it describes him as a mid-Atlantic Correspondant.

3. Your Segal evidence says that we need "new technologies" to compete globally- do you create new technologies? 

---We develop industries creating economic prosperity.  The private investors will be the ones bringing in this new tech.

4. Your barnett evidence talks about how important the military is to mediate conflicts... where does he talk about competitiveness? How does your plan strengthen the military? 

---Segal talks about how no competitiveness kills hedge and, without that hedge, thats where barnett comes into play. -- Plan strengthens military via goure ev. talking about how investing in Title 11 will also aid the navy.  Also, NLUS ev. talks about how the shipbuilding and navy are intertwined.

5. Your Needham evidence talks about highways and rush hour... how do you solve road congestion that this card talks about? 

---We solve this because, instead of using roads, the goods would be transported via waterway. 

6. What is "short sea transportation"? What kinds of transportation do you defend? 

---  Short sea Transpo is transpo on the short seas...  ie: inland waterways.  We defend the creation of ports, dams, levees, expansion and creation of rivers and such.

7. The Perakis and Denisis ev talks about the maritime industry...  where does the needham evidence say anything about this at all? 

--- Needham talks about how roadway congestion (trucks, cars, etc.) are putting a drag on the economy costing billions.  This chokes any recovery.  P&D talk about how this can be solved by SSS through Title 11

8. Does the government rely completely on private companies to build their ships?

---Yea.  we just set the stage, in a sense, for this to take place.

9. Do you defend private action? The Cook card says it's key...

---Cook is saying that in the Squo, it is too difficult for private investors to be involved.  Private investors are the result of the plan.  By doing the plan, these private investors would be all for investing in SSS.

10. Where's Barnhizer's warrant for transition wars? (line from the card)

---the consequences of the transition process would be catastrophic for many people and even deadly... jobs must be made and economic resources expanded... to address economically underdeveloped 

first off, you're cool with the K right?

---We develop industries creating economic prosperity.  The private investors will be the ones bringing in this new tech.

Any cards? 

--- Needham talks about how roadway congestion (trucks, cars, etc.) are putting a drag on the economy costing billions.  This chokes any recovery.  P&D talk about how this can be solved by SSS through Title 11

okay, but does the plan functionally take cars off the road? Where does needham talk about the maritime industry? And how do you take cars off the road? (card)  

---the consequences of the transition process would be catastrophic for many people and even deadly... jobs must be made and economic resources expanded... to address economically underdeveloped 

i know what he's saying, my question is how can he prove it? for example why will the transition process be deadly? Other than "there gon' be wars"

Yea. Im good w/ k's

Bannister, on 22 Apr 2013 - 8:01 undefined, said:

snapback.png

Any cards? 

--- The levees, locks, ships that private investors make are all examples of this new tech. Our solvency, Margaronis and Cook both describe how these will be made?

okay, but does the plan functionally take cars off the road? Where does needham talk about the maritime industry? And how do you take cars off the road? (card)  

--- Prolly shouldn't have used cars as an example.  its trucks.  needham describes the problems in the Squo (too much congestion) and margaronis says that we can take 1000's of those trucks off the road.

---the consequences of the transition process would be catastrophic for many people and even deadly... jobs must be made and economic resources expanded... to address economically underdeveloped 

i know what he's saying, my question is how can he prove it? for example why will the transition process be deadly? Other than "there gon' be wars"

---All the card describes is that if we refuse this growth "there gon' be wars" (haha) due to the size of econ 

Is it working now?

Okay, yeah. I got it now. Chrome just doesn't like Dropbox, had to switch to Firefox. 

So Paradigm- Anything really. Bannister, you need to do a goo job explaining any crazy K you run, but I'll happily vote for it if you prove why it outweighs or should come before the aff. I err aff on counterplans I find abusive (Condition, consult), but all other theory args, I'm unbiased on. 

Same goes for me. I've got a degree of understanding in nietzsche but that's about the craziest i get. Sad, I know. Truth over tech- Ashtar probably will liberate us, warming stops an ice age, and the earth is without a doubt flat. Anything refuting those points will result in docked speaks.

• Upvote 1

i realize that there are now a lot of judges, but i would also love to throw my name in on the panel. 
I will consider voting on literally anything, i love K's but they need to be explained, i will definetly listen to convincing T debates, and I dont like to vote on theory, but i err aff on it either way

whaaaaatt.....theres some massive animosity going around. i feel hated. 

Don't worry, I still love you <3

Despite the fact that I don't have the slightest clue who you are 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

whaaaaatt.....theres some massive animosity going around. i feel hated. 

;) maybe you shouldnt have left that mean voice mail....

Don't worry, I still love you <3

Despite the fact that I don't have the slightest clue who you are 

thats what i like to hear;) we're cool joey! unlike me and mcat...

• Upvote 1