ARGogate

Hauntology K

oh god..... just google morton/ shakur

you're talking about nuclear waste haunting right?

pretty sure he's referencing Derrida... 

by Hauntology can you be more specific? more generally, here's the link to Spectres of Marx pdf... but i'm not completely sure what you're looking for. http://m.friendfeed-media.com/411d68a9b887290f0f6a1621dad4ad2249ea7421

There are a few cites on the NDCA wiki for it people usually use a Gunder card as the alt, people run it in different ways so it's hard to say exactly.

I hate people who necrobump threads, but I'm doing research for a term paper and stumbled across this old gem. I wonder how Chunkry's doing these days.

I hate people who necrobump threads, but I'm doing research for a term paper and stumbled across this old gem. I wonder how Chunkry's doing these days.

Too bad you'll most likely never get your answer, he hasn't been online for almost 3 years now.

• Upvote 1

Anybody know if there's any connection between hauntology and anthro? 

Like maybe a hypothetical solvency mechanism... dead animals haunt us... something.

I have no idea what hauntology is but I want this. 

Anybody know if there's any connection between hauntology and anthro? 

Like maybe a hypothetical solvency mechanism... dead animals haunt us... something.

I have no idea what hauntology is but I want this. 

You can refer to the Orientalism Hauntology Kritik I just went for in a vdebate against vman as to how hauntology can be applied.

Your anthro hauntology K would look like:

A. The Affirmative takes anthropocentric assumptions as scientific truths, operating politics on knowledge of violence and exclusion

B. The impact is the anthropocentric writing of history which positions humans in a position of power over nature and hides systematic violence against animals

C. The alternative is the recognition of the animal victims of human violence in the collective memory that informs politics

But honestly, running that would be a great way to confuse a judge (what is Hauntology???) and not that much better than a traditional anthro K.

It's more that I want to integrate hauntology into a solvency mechansim I've already made for aff... hauntology seems complementary to the thesis of the aff

It's more that I want to integrate hauntology into a solvency mechansim I've already made for aff... hauntology seems complementary to the thesis of the aff

You can just argue it as if it were hauntology without outright claiming that it is; I think that a lot of people want to make the whole, "The specter of X haunts the present..." argument in terms of what K they read but what people don't understand is that you can just outright say that without all of the baggage, or rather critical theory, that is embedded within hauntology. I doubt a lot of the high school debaters that are reading hauntology have ever picked up one of Derridas articles, let alone books, and most fail to explain the intricacies of hauntology. I think it's best you argue as if you were explaining it to your parents, which is something you don't need hauntology to do. 

• Upvote 1