Sign

Urban Slums

Also its probably better to not go for something a team is especially good at arguing against.. That's all i was saying.

the point is that they're approaching it wrong. 

reps of "slums" re-enforce class/social structures of capitalism, i like that. 

Don't run DA and util, Zizek and Daly 04 and the Zizek evidence talking about rejecting objective flashpoints will take it out straight from the 1ac. 

Why is the aff pre-empting an argument reasons to not read a strategy? if there's case offense/defense to those args that Zizek makes that would take out the pre-empts to the DA's before the 1AC- and even if that's true- a CP would solve the aff- I doubt that an aff like this has a federal warrant key argument, or a reason why an XO couldn't do the plan, and then it's just reading a DA with both an ethics impact and a war impact so you can access it even if you lose util, win a risk and you win.

I just feel like reading a K is a bad idea in this case, mostly because they are in a good spot since Cap has a good root cause/perm solvency story to virtually every other K in existence, at which point I don't think trying to outleft them, especially if the main link would be from the state action if the aff defends it is the most strategic choice. I would think that a K is needed in case the aff decides to not defend their plan text (which is what a T arg is for), but in a world where they defend the plan, I feel like they would link to the same critiques they would read against DA's.

Still think Impact Turns would be a strat that would work because it would actually engage the aff- it limits what you can read K wise, but then again that's what neg flex is for.

Why is the aff pre-empting an argument reasons to not read a strategy? if there's case offense/defense to those args that Zizek makes that would take out the pre-empts to the DA's before the 1AC- and even if that's true- a CP would solve the aff- I doubt that an aff like this has a federal warrant key argument, or a reason why an XO couldn't do the plan, and then it's just reading a DA with both an ethics impact and a war impact so you can access it even if you lose util, win a risk and you win.

i agree, you're right that just because they pre-empt something you shouldn't do it. However i think process CPs vs K affs are stupid, and process focus disads to the CP probably take out any residual offense or solvency. Especially if its process focus in terms of cap. 

I do agree that if you're going to go the DA route, you could do pretty well with just turns ethics and poverty impacts.

I just feel like reading a K is a bad idea in this case, mostly because they are in a good spot since Cap has a good root cause/perm solvency story to virtually every other K in existence, at which point I don't think trying to outleft them, especially if the main link would be from the state action if the aff defends it is the most strategic choice. I would think that a K is needed in case the aff decides to not defend their plan text (which is what a T arg is for), but in a world where they defend the plan, I feel like they would link to the same critiques they would read against DA's.

Yes, cap has a good root cause but they don't do jack shit to solve, and that's why trying to outleft them in this instance is good. Herod 04, once again, because efforts against capitalism require a totalizing view to solve and they defend a state-based plan of action. This could work well with Zizek because Zizek 04 says they simply succumb to the will to act, and that cap generates it's own resistance. (there is some tension here because Herod advocates for action and "attacking capitalism" so be careful). Also the link wouldn't just be "state bad", thats not a good way to go. 

Any perm would be severance, we don't advocate for a violent revolution.

I might not even go for Herod I might do Klein.

Any perm would be severance, we don't advocate for a violent revolution.

agree

I might not even go for Herod I might do Klein.

Which card specifically? I don't see how shock therapy stuff links that hard... 

It's like tell stories in their entirety, only this method breaks down cap.

Schizo would be a good alt too.

Another argument you could make is that ignoring rural poverty ignores the people that feed the capitalist system (ag) but get downtrodden.

• Upvote 1