swagondeck

Round 563- Bannister (Aff) Vs Miro (Neg)

Yeah, sorry, there might be a bit of a delay, I've had a ton of testing on my plate/being distracted by watching the TOC.

This debate will not die though

• Upvote 1

I'm cool with Snarf, paradigm?

Do what thou will is the law of the land.

Despite what you may think, this round is actually not dead. I had my 2NR this weekend but my computer ate it (more like, Windows update ate it.)

New 2NR will be done by this weekend.

• Upvote 1

1. They build the infrastructure in one instance, but it allows for everyone to be involved in production of space. We don't cede anything, the state is the only one who can build the lanes. 

2. Be more specific? 

3. We don't outlaw cars.

4. They can buy them.... lots of people own bikes already. 

How/ why would allow everyone to dictate there space? it sounds like you exclusively control the communties the plan is implemented in.

3. whatevs 

4. ignorant not everyone has money what about people who don't they are excluded? Miro needs to capitalize on these questions of solvency 

multinational corporations have control of space in the status quo, they control it through the government. 

If thats true it means your advocacy is nothing without moolah 

Sorry if this is unsolicited, but this is a bad idea from personal experience. I was double 2s for part of last year, and even though it was one of our best tournaments of the year, it fostered terrible habits in my partner, and splintered our relationship to an extent so I don't really think this is very sustainable.

True dat

• Downvote 1

i feel obligated to answer this

How/ why would allow everyone to dictate there space? it sounds like you exclusively control the communties the plan is implemented in.

why would who allow who? it's not a question of allowing it, when people everywhere in the country have space to engage in activism and protests, things change. empirics prove this affects policies. 

3. whatevs 

4. ignorant not everyone has money what about people who don't they are excluded? Miro needs to capitalize on these questions of solvency 

yeah dude, you know what's 10x more expensive and requires constant investment? it has 4 wheels, not two. 

nah

3. whatevs 

True dat

I'd rather you leave this for after the round. I'd also rather you didn't tell me what I "need to" do in this debate. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

ok then why do an open practice debate?

I'm sure they both want the criticism, but there's no point in delivering it before the round is over. Why not wait to deliver your comments until you have the full context of the debate?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sorry for the ridiculous wait -- I said this debate wasn't done and it isn't! I just got piled on with more stuff than I thought and I want to get this in before finals. Thanks for the patience! 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r7mniq9rlkjg2y/2NR.docx

Edit: I added just one more word (so that people would know what card I am referencing.) I added the word: (Bryant) If that's not okay, I can take it down.

• Upvote 1

i've had to go off the grid and im at a cabin in Grand Marais, ill have it soon. really sorry about this, i had a soccer tourney wed/thurs then we left to the cabin

• Upvote 1

im stuck to it like glue, just hold on

Was this glue like superglue? Because otherwise, it seems to have come off.

• Upvote 1