swagondeck

Round 563- Bannister (Aff) Vs Miro (Neg)

I'm really uncomfortable about doing that, because my partner isn't very fast, so I am worried about the 1A position. 

Edit: How has that worked out for you?

it's been well. My partner is faster, but he's not very technical, and I do more work/am more knowledgeable for K stuff. The only thing he goes for is Cap... 

But yeah i hear you. Where are you going to camp? 

it's been well. My partner is faster, but he's not very technical, and I do more work/am more knowledgeable for K stuff. The only thing he goes for is Cap... 

But yeah i hear you. Where are you going to camp? 

Georgetown Debate Seminar and Xylum, you?

Being knowledgeable for k stuff is good, unless your circuit is lay dominated >.> :( 

I would love to run an aff like yours, but my circuit limits the JV area to 6 "case areas". -- I'm already pushing the limits when I say we should build a giant diamond road as a mockery of capitalism, and then say that while I defend the plan, it's my discourse that matters -- (that's under the "roads" category)

SDI 4wk sophs. Lots of the top-in-the-country novice teams from this year will be there, and my coach says i need to get a really good grasp of policy/technical stuff before i go to a K camp. And i could only go to one camp, and SDI is pretty close to Minnesota.

I would love to run an aff like yours, but my circuit limits the JV area to 6 "case areas".

I know what you mean. Earlier this year in the MN circuit, we had these novice case limits... the 4 affs were NIB, Port Sec, Mass Transit and Electric Vehicles. It was bad... especially when you couldn't use your own evidence. only K was Cap, and it's basically a disad with an alt. 

Are you a novice too? or second year? 

Are you a novice too? or second year? 

I am a novice as well. Even at the JV level we aren't allowed to run out of the case areas. I am super glad that we didn't have certain evidence that we could use, that would've killed me.

True about the Cap K too.. I started out quite policy and just got deeper and deeper (ie. HSR, State Cp, PTX -- HSR, courts Cp, PTX, little cap -- Kritikal DeDev, CP, PTX as a timesuck, DnG)

Why did you go to Berkeley as opposed to Harvard?

Why did you go to Berkeley as opposed to Harvard?

Berkeley is so much cooler, first off. I'm from San Francisco, and it's an amazing place. Anyway i'd rather be in 70 degree, spring weather California than the cold east coast where judges hate the K. (my coach's words, not mine)

Second, our coach decided. 

Third, berkeley had more entries in JV.

Fourth our varsity wanted to go there too. 

Berkeley is so much cooler, first off. 

Cool, I'm from Berkeley actually.

cold east coast where judges hate the K. (my coach's words, not mine)

And the Bay Area isn't cold? Some judges hate the K, not at good tournaments, only at the ones in my circuit.

Also, I am jealous.

Edit: At least the east coast isn't foggy and rainy all day. And the water isn't like -5000 degrees.

Nah... but Berkeley is awesome. 

Cool, I'm from Berkeley actually.

And the Bay Area isn't cold? Some judges hate the K, not at good tournaments, only at the ones in my circuit.

Also, I am jealous.

Edit: At least the east coast isn't foggy and rainy all day. And the water isn't like -5000 degrees.

Nah... but Berkeley is awesome. 

dude... I get that, it rains a lot in the winter but we only had it rain once. And sure it gets foggy, but that's better than 2 feet of snow and 0 degree Minnesota. 

Also i have the 2ac ready... can you specifically tell me how to count highlighted/bold words? 

Yeah cool, so you go into advanced find, more, format and select highlight, click reading highlight and select highlight all, click find in and select main document... Then copy all the highlighted text into a new doc and word count it.

Also, I was kidding about the Berkeley stuff.. don't like my coast to be insulted :(

ok im a huge naf here and i don't know what advanced find is. i have word 2k7 if this changes anything... do u mean word options or find and replace? 

and yeah ill probably be double 2s next year. 

Sorry if this is unsolicited, but this is a bad idea from personal experience. I was double 2s for part of last year, and even though it was one of our best tournaments of the year, it fostered terrible habits in my partner, and splintered our relationship to an extent so I don't really think this is very sustainable.

• Upvote 1

Sorry if this is unsolicited, but this is a bad idea from personal experience. I was double 2s for part of last year, and even though it was one of our best tournaments of the year, it fostered terrible habits in my partner, and splintered our relationship to an extent so I don't really think this is very sustainable.

i appreciate the advice...  it's probably true though.

http://postimg.org/image/p58h5u1eb/

Yeah cool, so you go into advanced find, more, format and select highlight, click reading highlight and select highlight all, click find in and select main document... Then copy all the highlighted text into a new doc and word count it.

Alright, so act as if you already go to advanced find and follow from there.. got it? You also have to highlight analytics, tags, and signposts.

cool, i have just under 2200. if it's over just let me know. 

I got about 2,879... That's with analytics tags, and highlighting all the underlining on the unhighlighted cards.. Can you slim it down just a bit?

I got about 2,879... That's with analytics tags, and highlighting all the underlining on the unhighlighted cards.. Can you slim it down just a bit?

shit, yeah. sorry... hang on. 

EDIT

i wasn't trying to cheat, i just counted wrong. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rlmt2i0k4srfgy/chnged%202ack%20dan.docx

is this good? once again my counting is clearly trash, 

EAST COAST REPRESENT

Also Miro, i don't think anyone broke the case areas as much as me, who put icebreakers under "waterways"

I love bikes tho.

• Upvote 1

shit, yeah. sorry... hang on. 

EDIT

i wasn't trying to cheat, i just counted wrong. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rlmt2i0k4srfgy/chnged%202ack%20dan.docx

is this good? once again my counting is clearly trash, 

Didn't see this edit, let me check... I have to go to bed, might not be able to get cx in

Coming out fine in word count for me. Won't have CX up until tomorrow.

Might be a delay, I actually have a lot on my plate this afternoon.

Sorry 'bout the long delay...

Some of CX

Case

What would you do on neg, if you went against this aff?

Where does Rao say we always need to demand action? (quote from the card)

Would people still use cars? What about for long journeys?

Where does our Gilley card mention Europe?

Does your Springer card ever say the word “biopower†(yes/no)?

Who is going to be building the bike lanes?

DnG

Define micropolitics.

If I win that someone has used “free thought†do I win the Counter-advocacy?

Can someone resist automobility without thinking?

In your Purcell card, you say that people will “challenge†capitalism and the state. What does this mean? Will capitalism be destroyed? Will the state be destroyed? Will automobility be destroyed?  

Where do we say that our strategy is based solely on thought? (apply this on all 3 flows)

O₃ K

Do your Kateb cards ever say the words “public space†(yes/no)?

What does “sucks life†mean?

Taoism

What happens if we don’t do your plan?

What do you think “opening yourself to loss†means?

• Upvote 1