swagondeck

Round 563- Bannister (Aff) Vs Miro (Neg)

By demanding government action, do you advocate fiat? Your rao 10 card says that it must be advocated at every level of government, does that mean you are advocating, federal, state, and metro investment?

I will add to it tomorrow, going to bed, these are the quick 2 questions I could think of.

1. We don't defend fiat, but we'll defend the a world in which the plan happens. You get your DAs.

2. No, Rao says that demands on the government for bike infrastructure are intrinsically good. He's not saying we need everyone to do it, but in the instance of the States CP it would mean that the perm is the best possible option because it's two demands on the government. 

• Downvote 1

1. We don't defend fiat, but we'll defend the a world in which the plan happens. You get your DAs.

2. No, Rao says that demands on the government for bike infrastructure are intrinsically good. He's not saying we need everyone to do it, but in the instance of the States CP it would mean that the perm is the best possible option because it's two demands on the government. 

1. What does that mean? Do you defend federal government action? How can you not defend fiat and defend the world in which the plan happens?

2. So if we don't read the states cp, you are demanding it only on the federal level, correct?

Edit: Also, on the harvey 08, how do bikes solve for eminent domain and urban planners?

And who in the federal government is doing the plan?

1. What does that mean? Do you defend federal government action? How can you not defend fiat and defend the world in which the plan happens?

2. So if we don't read the states cp, you are demanding it only on the federal level, correct?

1. I should have been clearer. We'll defend that the plan is a good idea, so we'll defend the outcome. Sorry for confusion.

2. We only advocate for federal investment, yeah. 

1. I should have been clearer. We'll defend that the plan is a good idea, so we'll defend the outcome. Sorry for confusion.

2. We only advocate for federal investment, yeah. 

So you advocate for federal government investment in bikes?

Edit: Also, my other CX things were above.

Harvey- Bikes solve because Furness indicates that bikes allow people to engage in the external and political process, which allows for them to have a voice in the shaping of space. Right now, people are disenfranchised from this because space is produced to fit the needs of the automobile. RTC allows for people to engage in political process and have control of space with which they can use for activism or political engagement. 

We don't defend specifically who, the judge votes for us if they agree with us as a citizen, that's Purcell.

Yes, we defend federal investment, that's the plan text. 

EDIT: WE DONT DEFEND INVESTMENT IN BIKES, PUT T:VEHICLES AWAY. ITS BIKE INFRASTRUCTURE

So you don't defend any actor in the federal government doing the plan?

What's the impact?

Do you claim to solve for all structural violence?

On harvey, aren't you ceding control of the production of urban space by relying on the federal government to build these bikes?

Edit: Just.... one... more.... question.

Also, wasn't going to run t-vehicles (my varsity team runs this, I know how they argue it).

Are bikes the only tool we can use to give us the rights to the streets?

Also, why should we fix the world?

Also, what do bikes mean to the economy?

-- oil 

What is bike infrastructure?

Are you going to spike out of all my Disads and CP with your Purcell and Green and Hicks cards? (be honest)

So you don't defend any actor in the federal government doing the plan?

What's the impact?

Do you claim to solve for all structural violence?

On harvey, aren't you ceding control of the production of urban space by relying on the federal government to build these bikes?

Edit: I'm going to bed probably, rest of cx will be up tomorrow.

1. We'll defend the USFG. That's it.

2. Impact is structural violence. We don't claim to solve like 100%, but Harvey is really good on the idea that structural violence results from inhabitants not being able to shape their own lived space. 

3. No. We have to defend some actor in order to actually build the infrastructure. Anyway, all that matters is that we get the infrastructure built, because public space can always be reposed, it's a site of continuous contestation. The reason this isn't happening in the squo is that space is produced specifically for cars. We don't cede anything- in fact, we allow for inclusion into production of space...

sweet dreams ;)

Edit: I haven't done this before, so I don't know whats up with word count. If anyone could help with this, i'd appreciate it. 

New questions-

1. Unless there's another way to take cars off the road and provide a mode of transportation that allows for political engegement then yeah

2. Abu-jamal says that millions of people are dying, death is bad because life always has value... we may defend more reasons as to why the ethic of the plan is good. 

3. Nothing in the 1AC on this? 

4. Lanes, locking mechanisms.

5. Nope. I'm being honest. They're solvency deficits. 

On your purcell card, you say urban dwellers must be the ones to dictate the space, by giving the power to the federal government, are you ceding that control?

Who are the antagonists in your aff?

• Upvote 1

Do people have a choice to ride a car? Did they ever?

Where will people get bikes?

• Upvote 1

1. They build the infrastructure in one instance, but it allows for everyone to be involved in production of space. We don't cede anything, the state is the only one who can build the lanes. 

2. Be more specific? 

3. We don't outlaw cars.

4. They can buy them.... lots of people own bikes already. 

1. They build the infrastructure in one instance, but it allows for everyone to be involved in production of space. We don't cede anything, the state is the only one who can build the lanes. 

2. Be more specific? 

3. We don't outlaw cars.

4. They can buy them.... lots of people own bikes already. 

2. Who are the people who are stopping people from getting the right to the city? Neoliberalist, etc.?

Just to clarify, and then I'll get 1nc up by tomorrow, do you defend fiat?

Bhlarg... so am I getting our right in saying you defend the demand of federal action? Do you defend government action? Do i get my process cps? Where do you say demanding solves?

Bhlarg... so am I getting our right in saying you defend the demand of federal action? Do you defend government action? Do i get my process cps? Where do you say demanding solves?

yeah, we demand federal action, we'll defend that federal action as a good idea.

We won't spike out of your process CPs, as long as the plantext isn't "...should do the plan" or whatever. We might say a process focus is bad, but we won't spike. 

demanding solves? It's your burden to prove that it won't... also the Purcell evidence says that organic and localized approaches to political action are better, so demanding is comparatively better for solvency than traditional fiat.