If anyone has any questions about the Gonzaga Sophomores lab I check these forums periodically and would be happy to answer any questions about the curriculum or direct you to past students that would tell you a little more about the experience. If you need a more prompt response you can also always email me.

I hope to see some of you this summer!

Leah

I check these forums periodically and would be happy to answer any questions about the curriculum 

This isn't about the Sophomores lab, but I checked the programs and it says that you and Jim also host the extension week of the GDI. Can you give me any insight into the curriculum of the extension week, and is it still open for applications?

This isn't about the Sophomores lab, but I checked the programs and it says that you and Jim also host the extension week of the GDI. Can you give me any insight into the curriculum of the extension week, and is it still open for applications?

Yup, Jim and I are running the extension week program as well.

The extension week is going to include:

- a lot of small group work

- practice debates

- additional lectures (in a lab setting) about particular skills/arguments 

I really don't want the extension week to focus on research production but if we find holes in the camp materials we can definitely spend time filling them.

The extension week gives you a time to do re-dos from the camp tournament. We are going to try to make some of the practice debates more targeted at skills work (so for example, we will have a practice debate where all of the aff speeches are 2 minutes longer in order to pressure the negative and vice versa)

I hope this answers some of your questions!

LM