atzbo87

Da's That Net Benefit With China Fund Cp?

My entire neg strat is based around China Fund for the most part, and I've been using China Steel, most trade off DAs, ptx, and spending as nb's (im also nb cap, dedev, and heg bad). 

Are there any other DA's that would NB off a China Fund CP. 

Please change your Standard Neg.. just no

Spending DA is practically a time skew so go ahead and run it but you probably wont win on it since everyone preps for it

No trade-off das

No cap K, not this late in the year, there are too many answers and turns that you don't want to deal with

Heg bad? Dude run an imperialism K with heg as a link. Let me know if you need one.

Dedev is cool but don't base your strategy on it

Where is your OIl DA? Venezuela is in a unique position, they need a good economy right now to avoid terrorist attacks, and considering we get 30% of our oil from them you could write a new oil da that not many people have answers for.. hint hint 

Try running at 2-3 Ks every round because people generally suck at answering them.

• Downvote 8

I actually think the FDI CP is a great strategy if you're prepared for the international theory debate because the CP is a process CP that is actually functionally/textually competitive. 

Politics, Spending and tradeoff DA's are what are typically run. There are also internal NB's like US-China relations, but "Perm: do both" could solve it (I don't think it does, but it's certainly a debate to be had). 

If you like case turn debates, common args on the CP are "not a government stimulant which means it doesn't solve econ" (which is wrong, since it's still gov spending), "doesn't solve the perception of heg/comp" (which can easily be answered by a sufficiency framing, ie since your internal links are based off of the US developing something not spending money on it, we solve your internal links). Both of these are arguments that you could concede and then go for impact turns to an advantage afterwards. 

Try running at 2-3 Ks every round because people generally suck at answering them.

Running Ks isn't about people sucking at answering them...

To OP: There's a variety of stuff you could try along with your CP.

American power K: China = not America, CP falls in alt

Cut some stuff saying china does better than America

As long as you basically say America < China, you can run it.

• Upvote 1

This is sage advice. Take Chunkry's word for it. 

• Upvote 7