MaqicDan

Best Trade-Off Da

What are the best trade off DAs you've heard this year.

Like an AIDS research trade-off or energy infrastructure trade off ..ect

dude, LUST is really good... 

i dont know, they kinda suck in general. I think some of our non-k teams were successful with a water tradeoff, and China steel always works. 

<grammar rant> I'm sorry, but now I feel compelled to say something. It's etc. not ect. </grammar rant>

...I give you the deepest and most sincere apology I can conjure. I hope we can still be friends despite this tragedy.  

• Upvote 8

Not looking at the other responses, but "best" and "tradeoff da" do not belong in the same sentence.

• Upvote 2

Not looking at the other responses, but "best" and "tradeoff da" do not belong in the same sentence.

I disagree, trade-off DAs (with the adequate evidence) can be a very solid disadvantage.  

In regards to "the best trade-off DA" on the topic, I believe it would be the HSR trade-off DA.  Think about it, you get the biggest stick aff on the topic as a disad. You'll get access to "DA turns case" AND "Squo solves the aff" arguments.

• Upvote 1

"To fund LUST is a must..." 

LUST was da shit this year. That rap in the open evidence file has won me rounds. 

In reality, I don't think Trade-Off DA's are any good at all. I think that teams can Fiat funding if they can prove it's the current form of funding in the status quo (Mass Transit IS actually funded by a gas-tax) and if they can guarantee funding and deal with extra-T / FX-T then you lost the entire DA.  The DA only works with a team that claims "Normal Means" for funding and you know all the cards that claim that normal means is raiding the HTF suck and are flat out lies. 

• Upvote 1