1offK

Xos And Court Plans/cps

So what are some good DAs specific to executive order and court plans/counterplans. All that I know of is the democracy DA. It seems like there should be more, considering how often Aspec teams complain that they have no ground. Anyone know of/have any DAs or PICs specific to courts or XOs?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So what are some good DAs specific to executive order and court plans/counterplans. All that I know of is the democracy DA. It seems like there should be more, considering how often Aspec teams complain that they have no ground. Anyone know of/have any DAs or PICs specific to courts or XOs?

Do you mean net benefit das or offense against courts and XO.... On courts there is hollow hope, activism turn, court politics, and some other stuff.. For XO, I can think of prez power bad, there's probably other stuff

For XO, politics is pretty good. Especially if you read a congressional focus link and not polcap. 

I'd say *only* instead of especially. If you read a generic pol cap link you might get in trouble because Congress still hates the plan, Congress still hates Obama for passing the plan, and Congress rages at Obama for using an XO.

I wasnt really asking about NBs, more about specific DAs to court action and XO action. But your politics DA based on focus instead of influence sounds cool. Do you think you can send me a few sample pages of a focus DA? I guess its nice because it avoids winners win, logical policy maker, and all of those annoying arguments

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, for XO I usually ran into: Tyranny DA, Separation of Powers DA, and the presidential power bad DA. 

In my opinion, these are non-unique considering that Obama's signed over a hundred executive orders.

The best arg for XOs is generally just that it links back into tix.  All DAs are basically NUQ, though you might be able to find some good solvency deficits.  Also use the CP as proof that XO solves for the DA(like immigration)

The thing I've always gone with in terms of the NUQ DAs to XO scenario is that if they read an internal net benny like prez powers, read the DA in the 2AC, let them read their ev saying Obama has done a bunch of them, cross-apply that as a NUQ to their net benny