swagondeck

Ptx 1Nc- Evaluation?

i feel like this impact is empirically denied by the last two years, and i feel like you internal link into the EU economy is a bit weak.  I feel like you need to hit total meltdown of the European economy imminent w/o action.  I wonder if it would be possible to add a EU-US relations impact(probably wouldn't be too hard to find).  When you look at the internal link, it basically just says they'll be removing redundant regulations, not even reducing tarrifs really,so relations might be a better impact

• Upvote 1

ok, i have a card in the 2nc that says this in the overview. Should that be in the shell?

you internal link into the EU economy is a bit weak.  I feel like you need to hit total meltdown of the European economy imminent w/o action.  

ok, i have a card in the 2nc that says this in the overview. Should that be in the shell?

Probably not, if they don't bring it up then you've saved yourself 10 sec of time not having to read that card, and if they do, no reason you can't read it in the 2NC.

1. Do you have EU specific uniqueness evidence?
2. Don't both your European Union 13 and your European Commission 08 card say the EU is strong even without the free trade deal? They also seem to say that EU US trade is high in the status quo.
3. Your link from EU specific trade to global trade is not good. The warrant of your impact card is that trading creates mutual interests, so you need to prove EU trade is uniquely key to global spill over in order to access your impact. It's not like the EU is a threat we need to trade with to create common interests, that card is more about other countries than about the EU.
4. What's the methodology or warrant of your EU 13 card? It looks like an assertion of a big number from an obviously biased source. Also, it doesn't say which countries or industries would gain, which means that the overall downturn might continue regardless. If Germany does better, that doesn't help anyone else very much.

5. Your uniqueness card sort of says that Obama doesn't really care the about EU trade deal, and that he's not investing political capital into it.

I think that a different impact scenario might be a good idea, but I can't think of what specifically would work.

EU econ unq is good

instead of having two cards leading up to the impact I would make it one

I think the biggest problem with this argument is that the internal link to your impact is empirically denied. The card is from before the Eurozone really started to go south. I think this has a couple of implications: either the EU's economy got bad enough to hurt international trade before and nothing happened OR it means your card assumes that trade would be a problem only if the EU's economy totally collapsed, which I don't think you have any evidence saying there's a risk of, let alone saying the trade deal would by itself stop that.