CaptainWilderson

Which Impact Do You Hate The Most?

Economic decline results in war

I agree.  There's too little empirical support for it to be run as often as it is.

Genetically Engineered Small Pox which has been contained on a former Soviet Russian bioweapon test facility island spreads from the island as the aral sea is depleted, leading to extinction.

Edit: Here are some cards: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XvOHJsrPz61NE3UkQ5hxBMFPa6Qhp3wc1FISR5kabYk/edit?usp=sharing

• Upvote 6

Genetically Engineered Small Pox which has been contained on a former Soviet Russian bioweapon test facility island spreads from the island as the aral sea is depleted, leading to extinction.

That sounds amazing.

• Upvote 3

soft power/ science diplo (federoff)

if you mess up the link turn as neg, they win aff solves for the ___ impact your other DA has. can also be spun as DA solves aff's impacts

• Upvote 1

heg. its just so morally messed up

util is a form of morality.  

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

global warming...cant we just accept it and move on? The affirmative isnt the problem, the mindset of society is the problem. try perming that!

Hegemony. People who think any one "plan" can mean the difference between sustaining unipolarity and the collapse of hegemony are fooling themselves.

at least hegemony has some basis in reality. "rotten fruit results in vomiting, which will lead to a bullemic civilzation because regurgitation is an addicting attribute." That would be an interesting way for it to end...

• Upvote 1

Red Dawn: the argument that Russia's cooperation with us is a facade (hehehe) to disguise their real motives: to weaken our defenses and catch us off guard with a surprise attack, and that somehow increasing relations with them will cause this attack to happen. Makes me sad.

I also hate impacts based on evidence taken out of context (Whaaaat? That happens in policy debate? No way).

Example: I see a lot of VTL impact cards that are talking about an individual's will to continue living, not about the worth of individuals' lives to those in power in an oppressive hierarchy.

Example: Democracy impacts. Psh. Democracy.

Example: Most war scenarios. Not every war causes nuclear extinction - although I guess it could be argued that the US and Russia (with like 95% of the world's nukes together) would inevitably be dragged in.

Example: ROB/D-Rule evidence about impacts like racism and biodiversity. Just because the author says the impact is a priority doesn't mean it's automatically the deciding factor in a high school debate round; the author could simply be saying it's a priority in comparison to another specific impact discussed elsewhere in the text.

Khalilzad 95 is possibly my least favorite card.

Also, I like most of the other impacts in here. Except terrorism impacts, but I'm still more ambivalent towards them than anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Khalilzad 95 is possibly my least favorite card.

Also, I like most of the other impacts in here. Except terrorism impacts, but I'm still more ambivalent towards them than anything.

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't heard it every. single. round.

• Upvote 3

Anthro leads to extinction. Too many people say "this action is anthropocentric"... So me eating meat will automatically cause extinction?

Definitely generic terrorism => nuclear war cards. I always enjoy looking up the authors of those cards, good for the lulz. 

• Upvote 1