Rick_Perry

Irony Good/bad Files

I'd like to read more into these types of files, PM a list w/ ToC'(s) and we'll work out a deal from there.

NOTE: If it's an aff it has to include backup, anything from any topic is accepted. 

When most people think of Irony affs, they really mean satire.  If that's what you're looking for, the only good file is this one: http://www.cross-x.com/files/file/11030-satire-good-the-official-onion-file/

There are old camp files from the mental health topic and some camps tried to put it out after that, but those cards always conflate irony with satire in really unproductive ways, the blocks are mostly written by 15 year old kids, and the evidence is largely bad.  

Wait... fiat double bind is a satire argument? 

Edit: (don't feel like bumping this thread, so just to clarify).

I thought that (at least the way I run an argument similar to it), it can be used as a double bind with a security kritik (ie. either their impacts are fake, in which case they link to security k, or their impacts are real, and they're ceding the political, stopping us from actually solving the impacts.)

I don't frame it as being an argument that is ironic or ridiculing them/their style of debating, more as a logical argument (either their impacts are fake, or we're just sitting around doing nothing about them)

Wait... fiat double bind is a satire argument? oops.

Spoken like someone who truly doesn't get it.  

• Downvote 1

Spoken like someone who truly doesn't get it.  

Maury's files are  top notch, consider investing a few dollars into his files, they have great cards you can take and use for other cases also, plus he's pretty much done ALL the work for you on cases. 

Hey, I'm going to try to bring this thread back up because irony literature is always really interesting. I've been working on an irony good file for a while now, but I can't seem to find very many cards out there on irony bad. Would someone be willing to help me locate some irony/satire bad cards, or at least point me to the cites that I could use to cut some?