AnthroAff

Top Novices In The Country

Most people don't care but what do you guys think?

I'd say McClellan from Niles west, Estrada from SFA, Bannister from Highland Park (HP BM beat SFA ES at berkeley, i heard), Wang from Blake.... Agree? Disagree? Am i missing anyone...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

That's more or less accurate with the exception of Estrada, mainly because I do not know him. I also think New Trier and Pace have pretty good novices.

• Upvote 2

Feldman and James from Timberline obviously(though we are probably best novii in the state)

• Upvote 1

That's more or less accurate with the exception of Estrada, mainly because I do not know him. I also think New Trier and Pace have pretty good novices.

New Trier Novice A Team rolls kids on Nietzsche all day long.

• Upvote 2

New Trier Novice A Team rolls kids on Nietzsche all day long.

Lol. Same with Pace Novice A Team. They have like 4 different versions. Seems to be a common trend among good novice teams these days.

Lol. Same with Pace Novice A Team. They have like 4 different versions. Seems to be a common trend among good novice teams these days.

Novice here myself, I roll kids on Nietzsche as well. Current record on the k is 8-1.

SFA beat HP in prelims on a bad decision. And yeah New Trier and Pace have good teams, forgot. I think all good novice teams are really good at the K this year. the HP team runs a K aff that they're undefeated on. I guess the exception is Blake A and Niles West, straight policy. 

SFA beat HP in prelims on a bad decision. And yeah New Trier and Pace have good teams, forgot. I think all good novice teams are really good at the K this year. the HP team runs a K aff that they're undefeated on. I guess the exception is Blake A and Niles West, straight policy. 

i remember watching northern AS vs. one of Pace novice teams. Pace was completely kritikal on neg, but AS took the victory with their policy advocacy

Bad decision?

• Upvote 1

from what I've heard, the HP team lost on role of the ballot, even though the 2N explicitly said they meet the role of the ballot because the Furness evidence included the voices of the oppressed. Also none of the process focus stuff applied because the CP was to gain political process. Finally, the aff never talked about how they actually solve. The 2A literally never said how the plan solves structural violence

Bad decision?

and that timberline team didn't even break at Berkeley..

the one in JV did...

And one in varsity made it to double octas before dropping

• Upvote 1

That's just not true though, and there was a legitimate judge in the back.

from what I've heard, the HP team lost on role of the ballot, even though the 2N explicitly said they meet the role of the ballot because the Furness evidence included the voices of the oppressed. Also none of the process focus stuff applied because the CP was to gain political process. Finally, the aff never talked about how they actually solve. The 2A literally never said how the plan solves structural violence

I'd say that the most successful novice teams this year had a relatively good understanding of the common kritikal philosophies. whether or not they were actually kritikal, its true that there was an influx of kritikal teams in the novice division this year so a significant amount of novice success was the ability to overcome Nietzsche, cap, security, Heidegger, etc..

That's just not true though.

San Marino LL beat Damien MR at Nat quals lol, and we beat SFA at berkley round 6, but it was on a dumb decision 

Nick Nabors from C.E. Byrd. Cleared at two TOC qualifying tournaments in varsity as a freshman. He will be seriously good in the near future. 

Bannister isnt going because of grades, but hes going to the Iowa novice nationals. And San Marino didnt make it far at berk, HP won finals...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1