BwO

Existentialism K

Does anyone have an existentialism K? The whole philosophy seems quite interesting and I can easily see how it could apply to debate.

There's a Camus file on evazon, it's worth investing in if you want to learn and run arguments like that. Camus is specifically an absurdist but the distinction between he and others like say de Beauvoire and Sartre is rather subtle, though pretty substantial. 

There's also an Existentialism K available freely if you can find it, I think it's hosted on Chicago's site as a PDF.

Does anybody know any Camus lit. 

You should read the stranger first and foremost, It's one of my favorite books written.

Then Myth of SIsyphus and other essays - it can be kinda dense, but the myth of sisyphus is fairly short and very interesting.

Then maybe the rebel or the plague, he's written tons. He's not the best debate author though because a lot of his concepts are through fiction and sartre does it smarter.

• Upvote 1

Existentialism and Human Emotions is the single best intro to existentialism (or at least was for me). It clearly explains its jargon, makes easily understandable arguments, and isn't that long. 

• Upvote 1