LSDebater

Need Help Flowing

The title may be a little misleading. I know HOW to flow, but specifically, I have trouble during my 2AC's. This is because I don't have time to flow my 2ac's before I make them, and I have trouble flowing them afterwards because I have to flow the neg block. I find myself one flow behind after the 2ac, which causes me to drop stuff. I know that some debaters shadow flow, but I don't think my partner is skilled enough to do that for me (he is a novice). How would you guys recommend catching up on flows?

well actually, people flow in LD also. Even though this post is probably about policy because you wouldnt have a partner in LD.... =_=a but I heard LD flowing was notoriously bad. :D sorriez...if i dissed you ld ppls

Historically, yes, LD was known for its inferior flowing, but I think that, in general, the LD community's flowing rep has gotten better as LD becomes more like policy. Well, that's what I heard anyways.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the 2AC is one of the harder speeches to flow.  When your partner gets a little bit better at flowing/debate in general, you should hand him your flows as soon as your 2AC ends so that he can fill them in for you.  Until then, I would suggest getting as much filled in before the 2AC/during cross-x of the 2AC, and then try to get the rest filled in during prep before the 2NC starts.

to actually help, i have this same trouble myself T_T, i really have to catch up over the summer, but what i recommend is that you wont really hit this problem as often if you have really great 2AC blocks that you know will answer the whole DA/CP/K they are reading in the 1NC and just send those over during CX  and if you hear args that you actually have to prep for, you mark the flow and prep, and later when you have the chance (which probably wont be after your 2AC and the neg is taking prep or during CX) you can copy ur partner's flow or he fills it out for u

LD is so stupid

they flow really really bad

we all flow so good cause we do policy

but their kinda more like us now so obviously their flowing is better

were so smart

derp

• Upvote 3