DerpDerpDerp

Introna Vs. Capitalism K

Introna kind of says binaries are bad, but as a whole it's not that great against race I think.

Buddhism, Deleuze, Intersectionality are better. Cap is okay.

you could spin off cap as a root cause of racism, but you'll need to research a bit for that.

i would say the best critiques for racism/help the other-like affs are Ivory Tower K and Speaking for the Other Ks. I have a few if you're interested. I believe DnG/Derrida/Baudrillard literature also can address racism stuff.

Introna is more concerned with technology and how that makes us apply value to everything that exists and/or lives. (correct me if i'm wrong) An Introna K structured for a racism aff would need a lot of work for the link stories.

And of course, the DnG State PIC is a beautiful way to tackle any K aff like racism.

• Upvote 2

DnG State PIC would be great.

Google "ENDI Historical Materialism" and use the links there to make "capitalism is the root cause of racism" arguments. Make arguments about building coalitions, and why historical materialism solves back for racial tensions. If you're feeling lazy I could trade you something for the entire Hismat K highlighted with a few extra cards.

Introna is too similar to a Heidegger K to really work well as the others have said.

• Upvote 1

I think more straight up Anthro is a better strategy than Introna. If you want something that's more in line with the idea of enframing ethics, Badiou is a good option that is more applicable to identity politics.

Cap is a classic option against race, the lit base in the context of identity politics and blackness/race scholars.

The above poster's suggestions are all great as well, although I wouldn't say any one strategy is better than the next per se. It ultimately depends on what type of race they are running. Out lefting them or taking a different methodology are all options to (Afro-Pessimism vs. CRT/Racial Pragmatism, Black Feminism/Quare Theory versus Blackness)

edit: to answer other concerns in this thread, one doesn't need to go far to find cap evidence for race. Not only is it in most race files but it's a popular option for college teams to run. Literally spend ten minutes on the open caselist and you can find a cap 1NC/2NC versus a race aff.

The DnG/State PIC can work depending on the particular aff, however it isn't necessarily the best option. Against soft racism affs that engage the state it's honestly best to read an Afro-Pessimist K with a state link.

• Upvote 1

Introna kind of says binaries are bad, but as a whole it's not that great against race I think.

Buddhism, Deleuze, Intersectionality are better. Cap is okay.

I'm not a fan of intersectionality.

1) Its just an anti-essentialism argument is drag (and not even really in drag)

2) I don't think of it as a full case turn.  Its a mitigator in terms of the policy realm

3) its very close to a link of omission.....if its not a link of omission on face.  You left out race....oh.....my perm didn't.

4) Plus there is still the patriarchy = root cause of racism debate OR the Race versus Patriarchy debate.

Or the perm could be....consider more categories than the alt does.....identity categories are infinitely regressive.

Plus I would probably answer with "feminist positionality" as well as DAs to anti-essentialist or anti-category feminism.

That actually points to an odd problem--the other team may be in a position to K identity categories at a more fundamental level.  

Although.....if they are running feminism/womyns empowerment aff...probably not....unless its built into their strategy.

If you dig it & can explain it & argue it & understand ID & ID categories & the evolution of feminism & can answer the permutation & its a link of omission....well more power to you.

3 words.

Deleuze.

Deleuze.

Deleuze.

Deleuze.

I lied, 4.

Deleuze's criticisms of race are great. I

ll expand when I'm on my computer.

no you wont.

you could spin off cap as a root cause of racism, but you'll need to research a bit for that.

i would say the best critiques for racism/help the other-like affs are Ivory Tower K and Speaking for the Other Ks. I have a few if you're interested. I believe DnG/Derrida/Baudrillard literature also can address racism stuff.

Introna is more concerned with technology and how that makes us apply value to everything that exists and/or lives. (correct me if i'm wrong) An Introna K structured for a racism aff would need a lot of work for the link stories.

And of course, the DnG State PIC is a beautiful way to tackle any K aff like racism.

i don't think you need to do THAT much research, here's a great root cause cite:

RACE AND CLASS ARE DIALECTICALLY CONJOINED IN THE REPRODUCTION OF CAPITALIST RELATIONS—CAPITALISM RACIALIZES SUBJECTS TO ENTRENCH COMPETITION AND DESTROY UNIVERSAL CONSCIOUSNESS AS WELL AS SUSTAINS WHITE RACISM AS A METHOD OF PAPERING OVER CONTRADICTIONS.  ALL OF THIS IS USED TO MAINTAIN THE SYSTEM OF CAPITAL ACCUMULATION

SAN JUAN (Fulbright Lecturer @ Univ. of Leuven, Belgium) 2003

[E., “Marxism and the Race/Class Problematic: A Re-Articulationâ€, p. online: http://clogic.eserver.org/2003/sanjuan.html //wyo-tjc]

Don't run speaking for others/ivory tower as off case, run them as case turns if you're gonna run them at all. 

I agree with this description of introna, more or less. Go straight up anthro, great root cause stuff there.

DnG state pik works well. 

i don't think you need to do THAT much research, here's a great root cause cite:

RACE AND CLASS ARE DIALECTICALLY CONJOINED IN THE REPRODUCTION OF CAPITALIST RELATIONS—CAPITALISM RACIALIZES SUBJECTS TO ENTRENCH COMPETITION AND DESTROY UNIVERSAL CONSCIOUSNESS AS WELL AS SUSTAINS WHITE RACISM AS A METHOD OF PAPERING OVER CONTRADICTIONS.  ALL OF THIS IS USED TO MAINTAIN THE SYSTEM OF CAPITAL ACCUMULATION

SAN JUAN (Fulbright Lecturer @ Univ. of Leuven, Belgium) 2003

[E., “Marxism and the Race/Class Problematic: A Re-Articulationâ€, p. online: http://clogic.eserver.org/2003/sanjuan.html //wyo-tjc]

Don't run speaking for others/ivory tower as off case, run them as case turns if you're gonna run them at all. 

I agree with this description of introna, more or less. Go straight up anthro, great root cause stuff there.

DnG state pik works well. 

It all depends on your cup of tea. If you run Cap, you know that you're going to get into the Perm/Root Cause debate. 

You can run anthro too. You could run DnG State Pik, but I think that a better argument might just be Afro-Pessimism w/ state link, and a pik out of the state as a counteradvocacy. Or, you could just run afro-pessimism as a case turn. don't run speaking for others off case (as Bannister said), and they probably will have an answer. On ivory tower, you can run that to supplement another kritik, or run it as a case turn. The Deleuze links on identity are pretty good as well. 

Why are a lot of Kritik tags in all caps. Stop yelling at me  :sob:

• Upvote 3

3 words.

Deleuze.

Deleuze.

Deleuze.

Deleuze.

I lied, 4.

Deleuze's criticisms of race are great. I

ll expand when I'm on my computer.

no you wont.

called it!

I'm not a fan of intersectionality.

1) Its just an anti-essentialism argument is drag (and not even really in drag)

No, its an argument that different types of power intersect and interact, and ignoring those intersections makes for bad analyses of power. Its like a person with a peanut allergy eating peanut butter and jelly because "they like to focus on jelly" and "bread is the root cause of sandwiches". All three (bread, peanut butter, jelly) are necessary for a useful description of power. 

2) I don't think of it as a full case turn.  Its a mitigator in terms of the policy realm

It turns case, because incorporating other analyses may change the way revolutions are structured. For example, a Marxist revolutions needs to take insight on the way in which knowledge filtering is different depending on your race or gender. Otherwise, the "equal society" of the Marxists will be one in which men are "more equal" than women and whites "more equal" than blacks. Without incorporating intersections of power into your analysis, you cannot meet your goals.

3) its very close to a link of omission.....if its not a link of omission on face.  You left out race....oh.....my perm didn't.

It's not a link of omission any more than "peanut butter discussion is necessary to talk about PB&J" is a link of omission. Often, intersectional analysis will recommend different strategies than singular analyses of power, which is why the perm doesn't solve. If the plan is to eat the PB&J because wheat bread is good, and the critique says "peanut butter exists in PBJ, and you're allergic to peanut butter" then "perm, eat the sandwich" doesn't solve. 

4) Plus there is still the patriarchy = root cause of racism debate OR the Race versus Patriarchy debate.

Root cause arguments bite the critique. The intersectional argument is that these forms of power are coconstitutive. There is no discussion of race without a discussion of class and gender. There is no discussion of gender without race and class. Root cause doesn't make sense as a conceptual category because they are always-already causing each other, constantly.  

Or the perm could be....consider more categories than the alt does.....identity categories are infinitely regressive.

First, this perm would be intrinsic. Second, you'd have to win those new identity categories actually intersected with the identities and discourses in question. For example, "Otherkin" is an identity category (a hilarious, bullshit identity category) but it's probably not relevant to the disposition of capitalism or gender. In other words, if it doesn't intersect, then its not a relevant part of intersectional analyses.

Plus I would probably answer with "feminist positionality" as well as DAs to anti-essentialist or anti-category feminism.

Which is the argument that intersectional authors make. Knowledge is contingent on subject position, which is why a full and thorough analysis of your subject position (and its various intersections) is necessary. Intersectionality also disrupts essentialist views of identity, because it acknowledges that identity and the resultant politics are the result of intersections of power, not some essential biological nature.

That actually points to an odd problem--the other team may be in a position to K identity categories at a more fundamental level.  

Although.....if they are running feminism/womyns empowerment aff...probably not....unless its built into their strategy.

While these words are placed in a way that makes syntactic sense, they convey meaning that is gibberish.

If you dig it & can explain it & argue it & understand ID & ID categories & the evolution of feminism & can answer the permutation & its a link of omission....well more power to you.

Power to you.

• Upvote 1