dstarfan@aol.com

Kckcc- Nationals Warm Up Tournament

Shawnee Mission East MT and WW 

We will both be going but will unfortunately have to miss the first day due to our debate and forensics banquet! Is there anyway that we could have more rounds on Saturday? 

Regardless, i appreciate Chief for throwing such a great tournament for the Kansas debate community every year. Especially this year it is helpful due to being snowed out of HOFLO.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Spencer, Jared, and I all have the AP Stats test on Friday, May 10th. It is supposed to be done at 4 PM. Do you know what time the first round will be?

• Upvote 1

Throwing this out there to the powers at be, but with AP testing going on the 10th, it will be super hard for anyone out of the KC area to be on campus anything earlier than 7 or 8pm. I don't know what the schedule would or can be, but I would be very much in favor of a Saturday heavy schedule. It would also allow teams like BVW to attend all rounds, which is best for everyone who wants good rounds. Just a thought.

EM

The English AP test is in the morning as well, which could still effect people further away for arriving for a mid afternoon round.

I dont know if it has to be 5 on Sat. But i would say having a 4 and 6 on friday is problematic, especially with "outrounds" on Saturday. If you take the AP test you are basically only elgible for 3 rounds. Even pushing the 2nd round back an hour so people west of topeka could make round 2, and at least have a shot at breaking and getting more rounds, which is the reason for the tourney.

I would really like to have Friday rounds with whomever can be there, but I would also recommend eliminating semis and finals and just have 5 rounds on Saturday.  This is not a tournament where I am particularly concerned about winning, though the coffee mugs and candy are awesome :D , so quanitity of rounds is very important!  Why not have a couple of rounds on Friday for those who can be there and 5 rounds Saturday with delay match so we can move things along.  Coffe mugs and candy to the top three on Saturday.  I am bringing several judges, and I am sure we will have plenty to go around to accomodate that schedule.  Up to Chief, but that is my thoughts.

Lynn Miller

KMC

• Upvote 1

Hey everyone,

I don't check in daily on here so if there are other concerns that come up please email me at delliott@kckcc.edu

I am going to tinker with the schedule but can assure you there will be debates on Friday for those who can be there and plenty of debates on Saturday. 

chief

Everyone,

With just over a week before the tournament is set to kick off, I need some logistical help from each of you.  I am planning to run 2 rounds on Friday for whoever can be there and wants them.  I then will run 5 rounds on Saturday for everyone there on Saturday.  This will maximize debates for everyone and accomodate schedules of many of you.

Tentatively it will look like this:

Friday May 10th

3pm Round

5pm Round

Saturday May 11th

9am Round

11am Round

12:30 Lunch

1pm Round

3pm Round

5pm Round

(The schedule may adjust depending on number of teams/how quickly rounds are adjudicated and oral critiques given, etc)

Please do 2 things:

1.  Email me at delliott@kckcc.edu with names of teams/names of judges/and if you will compete Friday only, Saturday only, or both.  Please send me this asap.

2.  Please send this info to anyone you think might be out of the loop on the tournament and wanting to attend.  Have them email me the above as well.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you on the 10th and/or 11th! : )

chief

KCKCC

• Upvote 2

(EDITED--Emporia Drop, 1 Buhler drop)

Team List:

17 Teams total right now.  13 on Friday.  16 on Saturday. 

10 Judges in addition to KCKCC people.  Please bring judges if you can and let me know who they are and when they can be here. 

Some of my people are judging Congress on Sat am so we will be very tight on judging!

Let me know if any of this needs corrected.  Unless otherwise noted I assume you will be debating all rounds both days.

Thanks,

Chief

Blue Valley North Sarah Evans/Hunter Jones (FRIDAY ONLY)

Blue Valley West  Owen MacDonald/Jared Nelson (SATURDAY ONLY)

Blue Valley West Spencer Yeamans/Chris Birzer (FRIDAY Rd 2 and SATURDAY)

Buhler Samantha Estabrook/Bryce Harner

Judge—Andrew Bauer

Campus Robert Youel/Jamie Welch

Judge--Brian Box

Eisenhower Eric Harrison/Ryan Crist (SATURDAY ONLY)

Judge—Evan Manning

El Dorado Aaron Turner/Dakota Yates

Hutchinson TJ Blake/LaKiyah Sain

Hutchinson Brett Krambeer/Reed Crater

Hutchinson Brennan Schartz/Sydni Huxman

Judge--Kelly Thompson

Kapaun Mt Carmel Marisa Meyer/Lucia Scott

Judges—Ariel Yager, Mike Harris, Andrew Halverson, Lynn Miller

Lawrence Free State Grace Phillips/ Logan Brown

Lincoln Prep Corey Fisher/Jared Freeman

Olathe North  Miller/Porter

Judge—Larry Swanson

Shawnee Mission East  Karl Walter/Henry Walter (SATURDAY ONLY)

Shawnee Mission East Sam Tulp/Liam Murphy (SATURDAY ONLY)

Judge--Chris Carey

Silver Lake Caleb Kampsen / Nathan Cunningham

Judge—Kyle Klucas

KCKCC Judges:

Mike Krueger, Clay Crockett, Scott Elliott, Ryan McFarland, Kristyn Russell, Justin Parks, Evan Johnson, Marin Loken, Alex Glanzman.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to BVW BY on yet another successful tournament finishing undefeated at the warmup. It has been a pleasure debating with all of you the last 4 years, and best of luck to the Kansas teams at NCFL and NFL!