CX_Debater21

2012-2013 Topic

As a coach: 

Elections

It was short-lived, but you only get one shot every four years to teach the intricacies of our electoral process. (Sorry, Midterms are kind of lame.)

I've also enjoyed the Debt Downgrade disad that started the year as a Spending DA, and has transformed into a Politics scenario due to the Real USfg's inability to pass a budget.

I'm extremely sad that I'll never get to run elections again. I feel like it would've been even better if this weren't my novice year, so I could appreciate it more. Either way, I think it's the most interesting DA.

I liked sequester, personally.  I thought the impacts were really strong and really clear, and it really added to the awesomeness of being the 2N.  Other than that, Saudi China oil.  So awesome against air pollution advantages.

Definitely russian oil.  Its very emblematic to me of what Debate can teach you.  If you were to ask 100 people, at least 95% would say its a good idea to get off foriegn oil.  They might differ in methods, but they would still think its good.  HOwever its very realistic that doing something like this could tank russia's economy.  And while i personally don't think this would lead to nuclear(despite me constantly running this DA XD) its still really insightful and interesting to think of how doing something that looks so beneficial could collapse a major economy halfway across the globe

• Upvote 1

I liked sequester, personally.  I thought the impacts were really strong and really clear, and it really added to the awesomeness of being the 2N.  Other than that, Saudi China oil.  So awesome against air pollution advantages.

Now everyone knows our neg strat >.> Also, sequester is the scenario I cut for a politics scenario, not it's own DA. Finally, Saudi China is awesome against Oil Dependence advantages, not air pollution

'Scuse me Miro I don't have our school name up.

In our circuit it's easy enough to link air pollution to oil dependence