CX_Debater21

Uil State

The far more important portion of Memorial CC is the Colbert portion. Kevin broke at Grapevine with a partner other than George. I think he will be fine even with a new partner. As far as coppell in quarters, that was the 8th spot in my prediction and there were like 5 other teams that are at about their level. It could be any of those in that spot. I'll expand each division to octos:

5A Octos: Bellaire AB, Berkner CS, Channelview AB, Coppell GS, Grapevine KS, Elsik HV, Katy Taylor KR, Kingwood AD, Klein AE, Memorial CC, Midway CS, North Crowley DH, Reagan RW, Westlake DB, Westwood PJ, and Westwood ML

4A Octos: Bay City MP, Bay City CM,  Crosby GL, Crosby CJ, Ennis AB, Friendswood AB, Friendswood HV, Hallsville BD, Highland Park ST, Lindale:GO, LBJ HS, LBJ BY, Mercedes FS, Montgomery KM, Royse City HS, and Whitehouse CF.

im sorry, ive debated channelview ab, and if you think they have even a remote shot at breaking then you should go do ld or something lol, north crowley didnt even get a tfa qual this year AND, this is klein and kingwood's first time qualling for tfa, if you put them over Austin EG, Bellaire JZ, Churchill HL, and Coppell JM, then you crazy bruh

• Upvote 1

im sorry, ive debated channelview ab, and if you think they have even a remote shot at breaking then you should go do ld or something lol, north crowley didnt even get a tfa qual this year AND, this is klein and kingwood's first time qualling for tfa, if you put them over Austin EG, Bellaire JZ, Churchill HL, and Coppell JM, then you crazy bruh

cool story brah, but Klein AE had multiple wins at Colleyville, equal to SFA and Bellaire. Coppell JM didnt debate together at colleyville, but Javeri only had one more win when partnered with a superior partner. If you dont like my predictions try doing some of your own, rather than nitpicking mine.

cool story brah, but Klein AE had multiple wins at Colleyville, equal to SFA and Bellaire. Coppell JM didnt debate together at colleyville, but Javeri only had one more win when partnered with a superior partner. If you dont like my predictions try doing some of your own, rather than nitpicking mine.

Klein went 2-3 at an easier tournament, sfa did better than klein at UT and , and bellaire lost to 3 good teams at UT two of which broke, and Churchill A and Westwood B at state last year, and they've been debating longer, Javeri was a top 20 speaker at state last year, and i did make my own predictions, Austin EG, Bellaire JZ, Churchill HL, and Coppell JM will break and Channelview AB, Klein AE, Kingwood AD, and North Crowley DH won't

even if klein deserves to be up there, what case would you make for the other three?

• Downvote 1

Here are my predictions for 5A octos (given ideal judging conditions):

Churchhill HL, Reagan RW, Clearlake HP, Bellaire JZ, Katy Taylor KR, Memorial CM, Westwood LM, Westwood JP, Austin SFA EG, Westlake BD, Klein AE, Plano RS, Midway CS, Berkner CS, Grapevine JS, Colleyville LN, Coppel GS, Coppel JM

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Here are my predictions for 5A octos (given ideal judging conditions):

Churchhill HL, Reagan RW, Clearlake HP, Bellaire JZ, Katy Taylor KR, Memorial CM, Westwood LM, Westwood JP, Austin SFA EG, Westlake BD, Klein AE, Plano RS, Midway CS, Berkner CS, Grapevine JS, Colleyville LN, Coppel GS, Coppel JM

I'd say that's a solid list give or take some anomalies. 

• Upvote 3

5A:

Quarters participants: Bellaire AB, Coppell GS, Katy Taylor KR, Memorial CC, Midway CS, Westlake DB, Westwood PJ, and Westwood ML

my money's on westwood or memorial, maybe coppell but idk anything about the team.

a) midway is way too critical to do well, but who knows  nevermind gl

B) Westlake is a joke - they go one off dedev every round and have been losing to novices (it's a senior and a very meh sophomore) 

both westwood teams are looking very good. btw hendrickson did not qualify for uil state this year, they dropped in the semis of districts on a technicality

• Upvote 1

my money's on westwood or memorial, maybe coppell but idk anything about the team.

a) midway is way too critical to do well, but who knows  nevermind gl

B) Westlake is a joke - they go one off dedev every round and have been losing to novices (it's a senior and a very meh sophomore) 

both westwood teams are looking very good. btw hendrickson did not qualify for uil state this year, they dropped in the semis of districts on a technicality

^This. Though I'm not sure about coppel, true they won third last year, but that was their A team, who aren't doing UIL this year, I think it's their D and E team debating this year. The teams are Ganesh/Shah and Javeri/McElroy. 

• Upvote 1

a) midway is way too critical to do well, but who knows 

Wait, are you telling me I have to advocate a plan text at UIL?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

prompting in the semis - Jeremy Martin from Westwood forced them to drop. Thats how westwood got two teams

For being 4a champs, they should probably know that prompting would drop them. Just saying...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

For being 4a champs, they should probably know that prompting would drop them. Just saying...

it's not my fault my partner is a dumbass <3

we also legit dropped that round on a 2-1, martin didn't force anything. i don't want to diminish westwood pj's accomplishment, they deserve their spot.

• Upvote 8

At least I haven't lost to Austin High since my freshman year. That's all that matters to me. Also, Cole is a senior.

You're making it worse...

bulllshit - uil districts last year w/ all ut judges

Forgot about that, sorry. I do remember that the team refused to debate us in finals, so we got first place.

Still, 12 or 15 to 1 is pretty good.

Good luck.

• Upvote 1

Kingwood AD qualled last year. Get your shit right.

• Upvote 3

^This. Though I'm not sure about coppel, true they won third last year, but that was their A team, who aren't doing UIL this year, I think it's their D and E team debating this year. The teams are Ganesh/Shah and Javeri/McElroy. 

haha quick correction, the coppell team last year was our c/d team and they got actually got to finals... the a and b team can never come due to the sunday rule :P

• Upvote 1

I think in 3A a couple kids from my school have good chance of at least making Octas. Pampa TB? Probably never heard of them.

In 3A there are a lot of good team so good luck with that. 

• Upvote 1